General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by OcSleeper »

He was also seen meeting with the Inzerillos a couple years ago.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

In the past, when Italian criminals from Italy and elsewhere made their way to the US or settled in the US in an unauthorized manner and then got caught, some of them would at a certain point prevail upon a congressperson for assistance to stave off deportation. My understanding is that a member of the House of Representatives — congressman or congresswoman — has historically been able to introduce a private bill (identified by "H.R.," followed by the bill number) regarding an immigration or naturalization matter for an individual.

Does anyone know, in the past, in what circumstances a congressperson would have agreed to intervene in such matters for Italian criminals? know how successful such H.R. bills were in providing relief?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sullycantwell
Straightened out

Post by Sullycantwell »

Did Angelo Lonardo report that Cleveland was on the commission in the 1930's?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Sullycantwell wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:04 pm Did Angelo Lonardo report that Cleveland was on the commission in the 1930's?
At least in his Senate testimony in 1988, Lonardo did not report that Cleveland ever had a seat on the Commission. In fact, at that time Lonardo stated that Cleveland “reported to the Genovese family […] since the 1920s”. So far as I’m aware, Gentile was the only source who reported that Cleveland initially had a seat on the Commission in 1931.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Commission also didn't exist in the 1920s though we don't know if there was an earlier avugad system with the Gran Consiglio and National Assembly meetings. Possible that Families were represented nationally by other Families / leaders pre-1931 but there's no evidence outside of figures like Gentile representing specific individuals nationally.

Lonardo may have just generalized "1920s" and meant 1931. He wasn't made until the late 1940s so even though he was tapped in since he was a teenager he may not have known the finer details in the 1920s/30s. Magaddino referred to Joe Lonardo attending what was probably an Assemblea meeting pre-1924 and playing an important role at the meeting alongside Michele Merlo of Chicago so Cleveland looks to have been able to represent themselves during that period.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Anybody have recent infos on DeCavalcantes? Looking to the 2023 membership they are a bunch of old guys,so the family is active or is a Gambino crew?
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

antimafia wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:45 pm Does anyone know, in the past, in what circumstances a congressperson would have agreed to intervene in such matters for Italian criminals? know how successful such H.R. bills were in providing relief?
Some of those Congressmen were straight up taking bribes in return. In the ‘70s, Henry Helstoski (D-NJ) got pinched for that.

They seem to have been pretty successful since they weren’t really controversial.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

What making ceremony had the smallest amount of attendees present? Also what ceremony had the largest amount of attendees present?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

moneyman wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:25 am What making ceremony had the smallest amount of attendees present? Also what ceremony had the largest amount of attendees present?
When Mike Rizzi got made in the LA family, the ceremony was just himself and the administration of the family in a car (Louie Dragna, Jimmy Fratianno, Frank Bompensiero). There's probably been some where it was just three people present including the inductee or maybe even just two. Can't think of any off the top of my head. John Stanfa just telling Ron Previte he was made, if you want to call that a ceremony.

In terms of the largest ceremonies, there's quite a lot where practically the entire family was in attendance. Philadelphia used to do that, LA used to do it, Rochester did it, probably other families did too.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Tommy Marotta and Anthony Delmonti in a Rochester motel. It was just the two of them (plus the feds recording it in the next room). The Mike Spinelli prison ceremony might have just been him and Anthony Casso. I don’t recall if anyone else was present.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Have there been any killings in the USA (not Canada) that could be called mob hits or mob-adjacent hits in the 2020s? There was that last little burst at the end of the 2010s (Zottola, that one Lucchese loanshark, the guy dumped in the river) but I can't think of any starting from 2020. I guess the pandemic probably slowed everything down quite a bit.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Fromkansascity
Prospect

Post by Fromkansascity »

What's up friends. Hey, do you know if there is Colombos operability in LA? Last I heard from this family in LA was about Donnie Shacks. But I don't know if anyone knows anything more up to date on these guys.
Gustazul
Honorary Member

Post by Gustazul »

Could the current L.A. family be considered a crew of the Gambino family? I'm inclined to think that Tommaso Gambino answers to his NY counterparts. I was curious to know more about the current status of this family when it was revealed that Albert Iavarone had been "made" into it, as well as Anthony Gambino
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Has the Outfit had any encounters with Black Disciple/Gangster Disciples street gangs?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Fromkansascity wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:13 am What's up friends. Hey, do you know if there is Colombos operability in LA? Last I heard from this family in LA was about Donnie Shacks. But I don't know if anyone knows anything more up to date on these guys.
I haven't heard any information but Kenji Gallo was an LA-based Colombo family associate active into the 2000s. His book is a good read.
https://www.amazon.com/Breakshot-Life-C ... 0692760598
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com