Why did the killing stop?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jimmybeam12
Prospect

Re: Why did the killing stop?

Post by jimmybeam12 »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:58 am There was supposedly an edict sent down from the bosses during the 1990s (if I remember right) that put at least a temporary stop to sanctioned murders. That said, generally speaking, the common murders once seen have ceased for the reasons listed above.
That was the main thing I was wondering about. Whether there was ever an actual decision by one (or multiple) administrations that reflected them realizing all of these factors mentioned above. And reacting to it.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Guest wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:29 pm [quote=SonnyBlackstein post_id=251611 time=<a href="tel:1675971030">1675971030</a> user_id=171]
Nothing stops.

Mickey Nose new T.
You are a moron
[/quote]

Let me guess, Rooster?

jimmybeam12 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:49 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:58 am There was supposedly an edict sent down from the bosses during the 1990s (if I remember right) that put at least a temporary stop to sanctioned murders. That said, generally speaking, the common murders once seen have ceased for the reasons listed above.
That was the main thing I was wondering about. Whether there was ever an actual decision by one (or multiple) administrations that reflected them realizing all of these factors mentioned above. And reacting to it.

There was an edict in NY. It was decided on in 1993/4 and was lifted by 1998. So it didn't last long. And it is questionable how much it was followed since we know some hits did occur during that window.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

What is the count in terms of murders committed by the mob and actual convictions in the last 20 years? I would argue the majority remain unsolved cold-cases - sure a lot of high profile indictments like Zottolo, Londonio, Anthony Nicodemo, Freddie Gaes etc. - but quite a few hits still haven't been solved. They still know how to kill - just a lot of recent fuck ups.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

NorthBuffalo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:16 am What is the count in terms of murders committed by the mob and actual convictions in the last 20 years? I would argue the majority remain unsolved cold-cases - sure a lot of high profile indictments like Zottolo, Londonio, Anthony Nicodemo, Freddie Gaes etc. - but quite a few hits still haven't been solved. They still know how to kill - just a lot of recent fuck ups.
Speaking of Nicodemo,he was caught because used his car in the Gino DPietro murder,if he should used stolen car,he would be free.
But today how many made men would risk to get 25 to 50 y?
Nicodemo is a stand up guy,good for Merlino but nobody would risk.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:01 am Simple. They have grown old, soft and timid. They have lost their balls. A reflection of the White male in Amurrica. Gangland killings are still happening with regularity in 2023 (most go unsolved) but it is other groups that are doing them. Just recently the Mexican cartels whacked out an entire family of 6 in Commiefornia, including 2 kids (one of them a little baby). That kind of vicious brutality instills fear and commands respect in the underworld.

Pogo
The California killings were not cartel related to my knowledge, the perpetrators were documented Norteno gang members & two of the victims were Surenos. The Nortenos who did it will probably be green lit. As far as I know, that type of shit isn’t tolerated in California prison politics.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:39 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:01 am Simple. They have grown old, soft and timid. They have lost their balls. A reflection of the White male in Amurrica. Gangland killings are still happening with regularity in 2023 (most go unsolved) but it is other groups that are doing them. Just recently the Mexican cartels whacked out an entire family of 6 in Commiefornia, including 2 kids (one of them a little baby). That kind of vicious brutality instills fear and commands respect in the underworld.

Pogo
The California killings were not cartel related to my knowledge, the perpetrators were documented Norteno gang members & two of the victims were Surenos. The Nortenos who did it will probably be green lit. As far as I know, that type of shit isn’t tolerated in California prison politics.

You could be right. I haven't been following the case but I remember the initial reporting claimed the cartels were behind it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:45 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:39 am

Pogo

You could be right. I haven't been following the case but I remember the initial reporting claimed the cartels were behind it.

Pogo
Even at the height of the mob's power, there were ethnic gangs across the country killing each other. I don't think the mob was ever 'beating them' on murders and numbers. It takes real balls to make $ illegally period in this day and age. I give respect to those guys who still pull these scams and stay out of prison.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

It wouldn’t shock me if there were a few under the radar hits/ attempted murders that took place in recent times. For instance, nobody knew about Chris Cognata getting shot by the Bonannos until Borello flipped. The mafia in general is more low key nowadays, most of the wild killers ended up flipping or doing long sentences. Obviously, the mafia‘s most violent days are over but some borgatas still have capable guys, especially the Westside & the Bonannos.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Was the edict handed down just for them to stop killing made guys or was it all hits in general?

As we’ve seen with a lot of the recent indictments, while there hasn’t been murders, there is still a lot of violence, particularly at the associate level
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Informants. Plain and simple. The FBI has managed to get their grips on the inner workings of LCN. Once a mobster is offered to roam free with his gambling books in exchange for real time info on mob business... it's all over with.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:15 pm Was the edict handed down just for them to stop killing made guys or was it all hits in general?

As we’ve seen with a lot of the recent indictments, while there hasn’t been murders, there is still a lot of violence, particularly at the associate level
I think I remember reading somewhere that in the mid 90’s the commission handed the edict down because of the immense law enforcement pressure at the time. Don’t be mistaken, the mob was still killing people at this time. The Nicky corozzo crew from the Gambinos committed a double homicide in retaliation for an associate’s unsanctioned killing. Additionally, the Tommy shots crew in the Colombo’s committed numerous murders around that time, one of those victims, unbeknownst to the killers, was an off duty cop. Every family got progressively less violent in 2000’s due to indictments, rats, and the fear of getting the federal death penalty.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a slight increase in disappearances.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 pm I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a slight increase in disappearances.
I was wondering about this myself. If you were going to kill someone in this day and age, that would be the way to do it. It would have to scare the hell out of everyone on the streets when it happens, too -- a guy is just there one day, and then he... isn't. :|
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Ivan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:12 am
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:39 pm I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a slight increase in disappearances.
I was wondering about this myself. If you were going to kill someone in this day and age, that would be the way to do it. It would have to scare the hell out of everyone on the streets when it happens, too -- a guy is just there one day, and then he... isn't. :|
Its called lupara bianca.in the 1980s the Corleonesi had a torture chamber in Palermo where the people was tortured and dissolved in the acid.
I think that more mob enemies made this end as said Ivan is a way to scary the enemies and avoid dangeruous investigations.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:14 am
Guest wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:29 pm [quote=SonnyBlackstein post_id=251611 time=<a href="tel:1675971030">1675971030</a> user_id=171]
Nothing stops.

Mickey Nose new T.
You are a moron

Let me guess, Rooster?

jimmybeam12 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:49 am

There was an edict in NY. It was decided on in 1993/4 and was lifted by 1998. So it didn't last long. And it is questionable how much it was followed since we know some hits did occur during that window.

Pogo
[/quote]

All you do is talk about Rooster. Lol. So infatuated. Youve turned into such a cuckold.

Long live "Pogo the Cuckold"
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."