Visiting the West Side 1963

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: Visiting the West Side 1963

Post by eboli »

InCamelot wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:35 pm Any further details on Celano? For a guy who succeeded Miranda he's pretty under the radar.
From a research viewpoint, I don't find him too interesting as a mafia figure, but he was a very successful mobster. Celano made his bones as a driver and muscle during Prohibition. No extensive criminal record other than gambling arrests. In the 1920s, he lived on 47th Street between 13th and 14th Ave in Borough Park, Brooklyn. He forged a name for himself as a solid, reliable guy. They made him in the same ceremony as Funzi and DeFeo. He was involved in all sorts of scams, but his reputation was that of a vicious loan shark. In later years, he wanted to be known as a restaurant owner - he had a joint at 98 Kenmare Street. In the early 1960s, the FBI considered him a possible compromise candidate for the boss position because he was an old guy who was well-liked.
InCamelot wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:46 pm At some point the Ardito was also in the administration in the 70s, so I wonder who was acting for his crew and what that crew's succession really is. Former Alo members like Centore, Cockeyed Nick, and even Rudy Santobello and Joe Dente Sr were already in the Bronx at that time, but I never could tell if Ardito had any overlap with them. I recall that Santobello acted for Ardito in the 80s when he was in prison, but I had thought him and Dente Sr were always under Larry Black Centore as well.

And then its possible Mario Gigante was in the picture by the 80s.
Generally, the Bronx crews are a mess because we don't have enough relevant info. Mario Gigante split off from the Greenwich Village Crew, supervising operations he started in Yonkers and Westchester County. He probably inherited some rackets in the late 1980s and early 1990s, especially after the disbandment of his former crew in 1993 after Canterino's death. I have to dig in my files for more precise info on the Ardito crew because I can't recall anything noteworthy from the top of my head about the era we're discussing.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

eboli wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:20 pm
InCamelot wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:46 pm At some point the Ardito was also in the administration in the 70s, so I wonder who was acting for his crew and what that crew's succession really is. Former Alo members like Centore, Cockeyed Nick, and even Rudy Santobello and Joe Dente Sr were already in the Bronx at that time, but I never could tell if Ardito had any overlap with them. I recall that Santobello acted for Ardito in the 80s when he was in prison, but I had thought him and Dente Sr were always under Larry Black Centore as well.

And then its possible Mario Gigante was in the picture by the 80s.
Generally, the Bronx crews are a mess because we don't have enough relevant info. Mario Gigante split off from the Greenwich Village Crew, supervising operations he started in Yonkers and Westchester County. He probably inherited some rackets in the late 1980s and early 1990s, especially after the disbandment of his former crew in 1993 after Canterino's death. I have to dig in my files for more precise info on the Ardito crew because I can't recall anything noteworthy from the top of my head about the era we're discussing.
Sorry this is no longer 60s stuff, but there's an interesting thing about this thread here in relation to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=47&hilit=ricca+gigante

Its contemplated in the thread which Mulberry St crew Mario could have possibly been a part of, and didn't come to a conclusion other than Mario probably remained with Greenwich Village.

Its also mentioned in this thread that Mario took over a social club uptown that was later owned by Rudy Santobello.

Santobello acted for Ardito when he went to prison, so if Ardito took over Celano's operations in Manhattan (Lower Manhattan, I'm assuming because he partially succeeded Miranda), then its possible Mario Gigante's Mulberry St crew was the Ardito crew.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

InCamelot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:23 pm Sorry this is no longer 60s stuff, but there's an interesting thing about this thread here in relation to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=47&hilit=ricca+gigante

Its contemplated in the thread which Mulberry St crew Mario could have possibly been a part of, and didn't come to a conclusion other than Mario probably remained with Greenwich Village.

Its also mentioned in this thread that Mario took over a social club uptown that was later owned by Rudy Santobello.

Santobello acted for Ardito when he went to prison, so if Ardito took over Celano's operations in Manhattan (Lower Manhattan, I'm assuming because he partially succeeded Miranda), then its possible Mario Gigante's Mulberry St crew was the Ardito crew.
In the 1970s, Mario ran his operations in Yonkers, Westchester, Rockland, etc., almost as an independent operator. By 1980, Ardito had already moved on from Lower Manhattan, so if Mario belonged to a different captain than Canterino, it's likely not Ardito because there's a discrepancy with the HQ location.

I have it that Mario was a capo in the early 1980s, then he went to prison, and by 1989 he was IDd as a capo again. Then in 1993, he inherited a chunk out of the defunct Greenwich Village Crew. Then he got in trouble again, got sentenced, got out of prison, and became a messenger/acting boss/committee member for his imprisoned brother. Mario was still IDd as a capo in the early 00s while the FBI probed the Ardito Crew.

All other stuff aside, there's absolutely no clear reason for Mario to get transferred to another crew. He spent decades with the Greenwich Village Crew. That's where Mario made his bones and was the guy who introduced his younger brothers to the organization. By the 1970s, he had more to do with the crew than Chin did. The only possibility I can see is that the bosses moved Mario after Chin's demotion in the early 1970s, but this demotion alone is too speculative in itself. Based on the reports I've read, I'm leaning towards the opinion that Mario stayed with the Greenwich Village Crew until his promotion.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

eboli wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:00 pm
InCamelot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:23 pm Sorry this is no longer 60s stuff, but there's an interesting thing about this thread here in relation to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=47&hilit=ricca+gigante

In the 1970s, Mario ran his operations in Yonkers, Westchester, Rockland, etc., almost as an independent operator. By 1980, Ardito had already moved on from Lower Manhattan, so if Mario belonged to a different captain than Canterino, it's likely not Ardito because there's a discrepancy with the HQ location.

I have it that Mario was a capo in the early 1980s, then he went to prison, and by 1989 he was IDd as a capo again. Then in 1993, he inherited a chunk out of the defunct Greenwich Village Crew. Then he got in trouble again, got sentenced, got out of prison, and became a messenger/acting boss/committee member for his imprisoned brother. Mario was still IDd as a capo in the early 00s while the FBI probed the Ardito Crew.

All other stuff aside, there's absolutely no clear reason for Mario to get transferred to another crew. He spent decades with the Greenwich Village Crew. That's where Mario made his bones and was the guy who introduced his younger brothers to the organization. By the 1970s, he had more to do with the crew than Chin did. The only possibility I can see is that the bosses moved Mario after Chin's demotion in the early 1970s, but this demotion alone is too speculative in itself. Based on the reports I've read, I'm leaning towards the opinion that Mario stayed with the Greenwich Village Crew until his promotion.
Interesting. Do you have any opinion on who might've been in his crew and who might've taken it over?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

InCamelot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:27 pm

Interesting. Do you have any opinion on who might've been in his crew and who might've taken it over?
Isn't Salvatore Gigante now running it?
All roads lead to New York.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:47 am This is going to be likely the most difficult family, so might as well start it now.

Here's what one FBI document laid out, (I swapped Catena and Eboli because I remember the FBI report admitting they got it wrong). I'm still writing up the members but for now, here's the admin. I'm sure there will be discrepancies and/or corrections, I'm all ears.

Boss
Vito Genovese Don Vito

Acting Boss / Underboss
Gerardo Catena

Acting Underboss / Capodecina?
Thomas Eboli (Successor to Tony Bender)

Consigliere
Michele Miranda

Messenger (informal position, likely soldier)
Michael Genovese

Former Bosses-
Frank Castiglia Frank Costello
Salvatore Lucania Charles Luciano," "Charlie Lucky"
Giuseppe Masseria Joe the Boss
Salvatore Loiacano
Fortunato LoMonte
Giuseppe Morello

Capodecina
1 Vincent Alo
--Gerard Laietta
2 James Angelina
--Matthew Fortunato
3 Ruggierio Boiardo
4 Antonio Carillo
5 Eugene Catena
6 Salvatore Celembrino
7 Michael Coppola
--Philip Lombardo
8 Angelo De Carlo
9 Peter De Feo
10 Generosa Del Ducca
11 Mickey Di Mino
12 Thomas Eboli
-- Pasquale R Eboli
13 Cosmo Frasca
14 Thomas Greco
15 Rocco Pellegrino
--Rosario Mogavero
16 Frank Alfonso Tieri
17 Frank Celano

Members:
Angelina
Robert Belangi
Joseph Bernava
Loreto Centore
Francesco Cucolo
Giusepe Antonio Doto
Aniello Ercole
Frank Galluccio
Angelo Lantosca
Gaetano Martino
Aldo Mazzarati
Thomas Milo, Sr
Rocco Perotta
James Picarelli
Louis Prado
Rudolph Prisco
Nicholas Rattenni
Giovanni Battista Salvo
Gaetano Somma

Boiardo
Anthony Boiardo
Toby Paul Boyd
Peter Cavana
Anthony D'Ambrosio
Louis DeBenedetto
Eugene Farina
Michael Genovese
Andy Gerardo
John Luciania (Lucania?)
Willie Moretti
Victor Pisauro
Anthony Russo
John Russo
Charles Tourine
Ralph Vicaro

Catena
Ralph Belvedere
Nicholas Bufania
Eugene Catena
Frank Catena
Angelo LaPadura
Peter LaPlaca
John Lardiere
anthony Nino
Joseph Pecora
Thomas Pecora
Daniel Polidori
Anthony Provenzano
"Balsey" TNU
Tar Baby TNU
Dr. Daniel Noto

Coppola
Charles Albergo / Albero
Michael Coppola
Alfred Cupola
Anthony DeMartino
Benjamin DeMartino
Theodore DeMartino
Pasquale Erra
Anthony Ferro
Joseph Gagliano
Joseph Lanza
Frank Livorsi
Felix Monaco
Louis Pacella
Joseph Paterra
Alexander Rosoto / Rosato
Angelo Charles Salerno
Anthony Salerno
Anthony Salerno
Ferdinand Salerno
Thomas Salerno
Daniel Scargatta
Giovanni Schillaci
Joseph Schipani
Joseph Stracci
Joseph Tortorici

DeCarlo
Joseph Polverino
Anthony Santoli
Carl Silesia

DeFeo
John Ardito
Lorenzo Brescia
Frank Celano
Al Criscuolo
Peter DeFeo
Joseph DeMarco
Joseph Lanza
Alfonso Marzano
Barney Mirando
Dave Petillo
Mathew Principe

Eboli
Dominick Alongi
Mike Barese
Joseph Bruno
Edward Capabianco
Stephen Casertano
John DeBellis
Joe DeNegris
Lawrence Dentico
Dominick DeQuarto
Cosmo DiPietro
Salvatore DIPietro
Alfred Faicco
Anthony Florio
Vincent Gigante
Mario Gigante
Michael Graziano
Michael Maione
Louis Manna
George Martinelli
Vincenzo Mauro
Peter Mione / Leone
Pasquale Moccio
Gerard Mosciello
Sebastian Ofria
Pasqale Pagano
Joseph Luco Pagano
Armando Perillo
Girolamo Santuccio
Fiore Siano
Innocenzio Stoppelli
Joseph Valachi

Pellegrino
Carmine Pellegrino
Peter Pellegrino

Springfield
Nicholas Camerota
James Collaro
Salvatore Cufari
Mario Fiore
Angelo Fiore
Chester Iacone
Salvatore Iacone
Carlo Mastrototaro
Joseph Mineo
Cosmo Panarelli
Thomas SanFratello
Francis Santo
Albert Scibelli
Anthony Scibelli
Frank Scibelli

Unknown affiliation:
Joseph Agone
Anthony Albanese
Ottilio Frank Caruso
Michelino Clemente
George Filipone
Joseph Lapi
George Nobile
Michael Spinella
Philip Albanese
Alfonso Allardi
Jimmy Alto
Fred Amarosa
James Battaglia
John Biele
Carmine Bove
Salvatore Briguglio
Charles Campisi
Thomas Campisi
Charley Cappociro
Paul Cavella
Julius Celantano
Dominick Ciaffone
Jake Columbo
Edward Consalvo
Charles Coppolino
Nino Corella
Ralph Ferrara
Rudy Frisco
Charles Gagliadotto
Joseph Gerado
Salvatore Granello
Edward Lanzeri
Iggy Leone
Little Rocky (Nickname)
Thomas Lombardi
Salvatore Luisi
John Manfredonia
Anthony Martino
Vincent Martino
Louis Milo
Sabato Milo
Joseph Mogavero
Rosario Mogavero
Raymond Muscarella
Thomas Musto
Danny Nardo
Anthony Nasti
Arthur Palumbo
Sandino Pandolfo
Joe Pensola (nickname)
Angelo Pero
Ciro Perrone
Joseph Perrone
Michael Perrone
Joseph Randazzo
William Rega
Anthony Ricci
George Rizzo
Arthur Roccomonte
Anthony Ruggiano
Frank Russo
Louis Russo
Ralph Russo
Frank Serpico
George Smurra
James Stassi
Joseph Stassi
Anthony Strollo
Ciro Terranova
Patty Black (Nickname) TNU
Carmine Toto
John Verra
Carmine Zeccardi
Alessandro Zumba
Frances Zumba
Willie Moretti was murdered in the 1951 so it is impossible for him to be under Boiardo in 1963 unless it is another willie Moretti in Jersey.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

InCamelot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:27 pm Interesting. Do you have any opinion on who might've been in his crew and who might've taken it over?
As Wiseguy pointed out, Sal Gigante took over the crew. Outside of associates, I haven't seen reliable info on made members for this crew, but the FBI's New Rochelle Field Office described it as a small crew. Then again, it's the Genovese - in the early 90s, the FBI said the same thing about the Little Italy crew, which had 7 or 8 made members. So, it's not entirely clear if the Mario Gigante crew was small by Genovese standards or small by general mob standards.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Also wanna toss in that Joe Dente and Vito DiSalvo, future Ardito crew member apparently, was arrested with Mario in the 70s.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:47 am This is going to be likely the most difficult family, so might as well start it now.

Here's what one FBI document laid out, (I swapped Catena and Eboli because I remember the FBI report admitting they got it wrong). I'm still writing up the members but for now, here's the admin. I'm sure there will be discrepancies and/or corrections, I'm all ears.

Boss
Vito Genovese Don Vito

Acting Boss / Underboss
Gerardo Catena

Consigliere
Michele Miranda

Michael Genovese

Former Bosses-
Salvatore Loiacano
Fortunato LoMonte
Giuseppe Morello

Capodecina
1 Vincent Alo
--Gerard Laietta
2 James Angelina
--Matthew Fortunato
3 Ruggierio Boiardo
4 Antonio Carillo
5 Eugene Catena
6 Salvatore Celembrino
7 Michael Coppola
--Philip Lombardo
8 Angelo De Carlo
9 Peter De Feo
10 Generosa Del Ducca
11 Mickey Di Mino
12 Thomas Eboli
-- Pasquale R Eboli
13 Cosmo Frasca
14 Thomas Greco
15 Rocco Pellegrino
--Rosario Mogavero
16 Frank Alfonso Tieri
17 Frank Celano

Members:
Angelina
Robert Belangi
Joseph Bernava
Loreto Centore
Francesco Cucolo
Giusepe Antonio Doto
Aniello Ercole
Frank Galluccio
Angelo Lantosca
Gaetano Martino
Aldo Mazzarati
Thomas Milo, Sr
Rocco Perotta
James Picarelli
Louis Prado
Rudolph Prisco
Nicholas Rattenni
Giovanni Battista Salvo
Gaetano Somma

Boiardo
Anthony Boiardo
Toby Paul Boyd
Peter Cavana
Anthony D'Ambrosio
Louis DeBenedetto
Eugene Farina
Michael Genovese
Andy Gerardo
John Luciania (Lucania?)
Willie Moretti
Victor Pisauro
Anthony Russo
John Russo
Charles Tourine
Ralph Vicaro

Catena
Ralph Belvedere
Nicholas Bufania
Eugene Catena
Frank Catena
Angelo LaPadura
Peter LaPlaca
John Lardiere
anthony Nino
Joseph Pecora
Thomas Pecora
Daniel Polidori
Anthony Provenzano
"Balsey" TNU
Tar Baby TNU
Dr. Daniel Noto

Coppola
Charles Albergo / Albero
Michael Coppola
Alfred Cupola
Anthony DeMartino
Benjamin DeMartino
Theodore DeMartino
Pasquale Erra
Anthony Ferro
Joseph Gagliano
Joseph Lanza
Frank Livorsi
Felix Monaco
Louis Pacella
Joseph Paterra
Angelo Charles Salerno
Anthony Salerno
Anthony Salerno
Ferdinand Salerno
Thomas Salerno
Daniel Scargatta
Giovanni Schillaci
Joseph Schipani
Joseph Stracci
Joseph Tortorici

DeCarlo
Joseph Polverino
Anthony Santoli
Carl Silesia

DeFeo
John Ardito
Lorenzo Brescia
Frank Celano
Al Criscuolo
Peter DeFeo
Joseph DeMarco
Joseph Lanza
Alfonso Marzano
Barney Mirando
Dave Petillo
Mathew Principe

Eboli
Dominick Alongi
Mike Barese
Joseph Bruno
Edward Capabianco
Stephen Casertano
John DeBellis
Joe DeNegris
Lawrence Dentico
Dominick DeQuarto
Cosmo DiPietro
Salvatore DIPietro
Alfred Faicco
Anthony Florio
Vincent Gigante
Mario Gigante
Michael Graziano
Michael Maione
Louis Manna
George Martinelli
Vincenzo Mauro
Peter Mione / Leone
Pasquale Moccio
Gerard Mosciello
Sebastian Ofria
Pasqale Pagano
Joseph Luco Pagano
Armando Perillo
Girolamo Santuccio
Fiore Siano
Innocenzio Stoppelli
Joseph Valachi

Pellegrino
Carmine Pellegrino
Peter Pellegrino

Springfield
Nicholas Camerota
James Collaro
Salvatore Cufari
Mario Fiore
Angelo Fiore
Chester Iacone
Salvatore Iacone
Carlo Mastrototaro
Joseph Mineo
Cosmo Panarelli
Thomas SanFratello
Francis Santo
Albert Scibelli
Anthony Scibelli
Frank Scibelli

Unknown affiliation:
Joseph Agone
Anthony Albanese
Ottilio Frank Caruso
Michelino Clemente
George Filipone
Joseph Lapi
George Nobile
Michael Spinella
Philip Albanese
Alfonso Allardi
Jimmy Alto
Fred Amarosa
James Battaglia
John Biele
Carmine Bove
Salvatore Briguglio
Charles Campisi
Thomas Campisi
Charley Cappociro
Paul Cavella
Julius Celantano
Dominick Ciaffone
Jake Columbo
Edward Consalvo
Charles Coppolino
Nino Corella
Ralph Ferrara
Rudy Frisco
Charles Gagliadotto
Joseph Gerado
Salvatore Granello
Edward Lanzeri
Iggy Leone
Little Rocky (Nickname)
Thomas Lombardi
Salvatore Luisi
John Manfredonia
Anthony Martino
Vincent Martino
Louis Milo
Sabato Milo
Joseph Mogavero
Rosario Mogavero
Raymond Muscarella
Thomas Musto
Danny Nardo
Anthony Nasti
Arthur Palumbo
Sandino Pandolfo
Joe Pensola (nickname)
Angelo Pero
Ciro Perrone
Joseph Perrone
Michael Perrone
Joseph Randazzo
William Rega
Anthony Ricci
George Rizzo
Arthur Roccomonte
Anthony Ruggiano
Frank Russo
Louis Russo
Ralph Russo
Frank Serpico
George Smurra
James Stassi
Joseph Stassi
Anthony Strollo
Ciro Terranova
Carmine Toto
John Verra
Carmine Zeccardi
Alessandro Zumba
Frances Zumba
Anthony Strollo was missing and presumed dead since April 8, 1962.

Alexander “Sandino” Pandolfo died on August 6, 1948.

Ciro Terranova died on February 20, 1938.

I guess we can take them off the 1963 list.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Boss
Vito Genovese Don Vito

Acting Boss / Underboss
Gerardo Catena

Consigliere
Michele Miranda

Michael Genovese

Former Bosses-
Salvatore Loiacano
Fortunato LoMonte
Giuseppe Morello

Capodecina
1 Vincent Alo
--Gerard Laietta
2 James Angelina
--Matthew Fortunato
3 Ruggierio Boiardo
4 Antonio Carillo
5 Eugene Catena
6 Salvatore Celembrino
7 Michael Coppola
--Philip Lombardo
8 Angelo De Carlo
9 Peter De Feo
10 Generosa Del Ducca
11 Mickey Di Mino
12 Thomas Eboli
-- Pasquale R Eboli
13 Cosmo Frasca
14 Thomas Greco
15 Rocco Pellegrino
--Rosario Mogavero
16 Frank Alfonso Tieri
17 Frank Celano

Members:
Angelina
Robert Belangi
Joseph Bernava
Loreto Centore
Francesco Cucolo
Giusepe Antonio Doto
Aniello Ercole
Frank Galluccio
Angelo Lantosca
Gaetano Martino
Aldo Mazzarati
Thomas Milo, Sr
Rocco Perotta
James Picarelli
Louis Prado
Rudolph Prisco
Nicholas Rattenni
Giovanni Battista Salvo
Gaetano Somma

Boiardo
Anthony Boiardo
Toby Paul Boyd
Peter Cavana
Anthony D'Ambrosio
Louis DeBenedetto
Eugene Farina
Michael Genovese
Andy Gerardo
John Luciania (Lucania?)
Willie Moretti
Victor Pisauro
Anthony Russo
John Russo
Charles Tourine
Ralph Vicaro

Catena
Ralph Belvedere
Nicholas Bufania
Eugene Catena
Frank Catena
Angelo LaPadura
Peter LaPlaca
John Lardiere
anthony Nino
Joseph Pecora
Thomas Pecora
Daniel Polidori
Anthony Provenzano
"Balsey" TNU
Tar Baby TNU
Dr. Daniel Noto

Coppola
Charles Albergo / Albero
Michael Coppola
Alfred Cupola
Anthony DeMartino
Benjamin DeMartino
Theodore DeMartino
Pasquale Erra
Anthony Ferro
Joseph Gagliano
Joseph Lanza
Frank Livorsi
Felix Monaco
Louis Pacella
Joseph Paterra
Angelo Charles Salerno
Anthony Salerno
Anthony Salerno
Ferdinand Salerno
Thomas Salerno
Daniel Scargatta
Giovanni Schillaci
Joseph Schipani
Joseph Stracci
Joseph Tortorici

DeCarlo
Joseph Polverino
Anthony Santoli
Carl Silesia

DeFeo
John Ardito
Lorenzo Brescia
Frank Celano
Al Criscuolo
Peter DeFeo
Joseph DeMarco
Joseph Lanza
Alfonso Marzano
Barney Mirando
Dave Petillo
Mathew Principe

Eboli
Dominick Alongi
Mike Barese
Joseph Bruno
Edward Capabianco
Stephen Casertano
John DeBellis
Joe DeNegris
Lawrence Dentico
Dominick DeQuarto
Cosmo DiPietro
Salvatore DIPietro
Alfred Faicco
Anthony Florio
Vincent Gigante
Mario Gigante
Michael Graziano
Michael Maione
Louis Manna
George Martinelli
Vincenzo Mauro
Peter Mione / Leone
Pasquale Moccio
Gerard Mosciello
Sebastian Ofria
Pasqale Pagano
Joseph Luco Pagano
Armando Perillo
Girolamo Santuccio
Fiore Siano
Innocenzio Stoppelli
Joseph Valachi

Pellegrino
Carmine Pellegrino
Peter Pellegrino

Springfield
Nicholas Camerota
James Collaro
Salvatore Cufari
Mario Fiore
Angelo Fiore
Chester Iacone
Salvatore Iacone
Carlo Mastrototaro
Joseph Mineo
Cosmo Panarelli
Thomas SanFratello
Francis Santo
Albert Scibelli
Anthony Scibelli
Frank Scibelli

Unknown affiliation:
Joseph Agone
Anthony Albanese
Ottilio Frank Caruso
Michelino Clemente
George Filipone
Joseph Lapi
George Nobile
Michael Spinella
Philip Albanese
Alfonso Allardi
Jimmy Alto
Fred Amarosa
James Battaglia
John Biele
Carmine Bove
Salvatore Briguglio
Charles Campisi
Thomas Campisi
Charley Cappociro
Paul Cavella
Julius Celantano
Dominick Ciaffone
Jake Columbo
Edward Consalvo
Charles Coppolino
Nino Corella
Ralph Ferrara
Rudy Frisco
Charles Gagliadotto
Joseph Gerado
Salvatore Granello
Edward Lanzeri
Iggy Leone
Little Rocky (Nickname)
Thomas Lombardi
Salvatore Luisi
John Manfredonia
Anthony Martino
Vincent Martino
Louis Milo
Sabato Milo
Joseph Mogavero
Rosario Mogavero
Raymond Muscarella
Thomas Musto
Danny Nardo
Anthony Nasti
Arthur Palumbo
Sandino Pandolfo
Joe Pensola (nickname)
Angelo Pero
Ciro Perrone
Joseph Perrone
Michael Perrone
Joseph Randazzo
William Rega
Anthony Ricci
George Rizzo
Arthur Roccomonte
Anthony Ruggiano
Frank Russo
Louis Russo
Ralph Russo
Frank Serpico
George Smurra
James Stassi
Joseph Stassi
Anthony Strollo
Ciro Terranova
Carmine Toto
John Verra
Carmine Zeccardi
Alessandro Zumba
Frances Zumba
Michael Lascari should be listed as a member

Joe Pensola (nickname) could be Joseph Benzola

Salvatore Granello was a member of the Greenwich Village crew

Were the people around Willie Moretti members? Anthony Guarini - Arthur Longano - Salvatore “Solly Moore” Moretti - Anthony Renni - Anthony Sabio
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Greg Scarpa said that George Smurra’s brother Willie was also a button in the Genovese Family.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JoelTurner wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:12 pm Greg Scarpa said that George Smurra’s brother Willie was also a button in the Genovese Family.
Thanks for your input. I've been on a bit of a hiatus but will return to this project soon.

Sorry, doing the Gambinos, Tampa, Kansas City, Detroit, Philly that's about 500 names and then looking up both their parents sides and then their grandparents in some cases, that's about 25-3000 names and I burnt myself out.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

B. wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:53 am Another confirmed member of Catena crew was Dom Ferraro. Gene Catena was recorded telling Tommy Pecora how Ferraro hadn't contacted him in 9 months and Pecora was in disbelief that a "friend of ours" wouldn't touch base with Catena. They also discuss how Ferraro cheated Catena out of money and on the tape Catena assigns Ferraro's murder to Pecora. Ferraro was disliked by Vito Genovese and Jimmy Alo.
Do you know anything else about this Dom Ferraro, like where his family was from?

—————

(https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3078285 ... -obituary/)

(https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4RC-9WX)

I think this is his obituary and census information
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Sorry for the generalized question but any info on Larry Centore and Rudy Prisco?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JoelTurner wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:35 pm
B. wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:53 am Another confirmed member of Catena crew was Dom Ferraro. Gene Catena was recorded telling Tommy Pecora how Ferraro hadn't contacted him in 9 months and Pecora was in disbelief that a "friend of ours" wouldn't touch base with Catena. They also discuss how Ferraro cheated Catena out of money and on the tape Catena assigns Ferraro's murder to Pecora. Ferraro was disliked by Vito Genovese and Jimmy Alo.
Do you know anything else about this Dom Ferraro, like where his family was from?

—————

(https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3078285 ... -obituary/)

(https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4RC-9WX)

I think this is his obituary and census information
I don't know anything more about this guy than what Bill Feather wrote about him. FWIW, Feather stated that he died in 1958. This matches a Dominic Rocco Ferraro, born in October of 1903 in NYC, who died in West New York in October of 1958. His parents were Domenico Ferrara and Anna Magretti (or Macretta; various spellings or misspellings across documents). In 1910, the family lived with her parents on 153rd St near Park Ave in the Melrose section of the South Bronx; in 1920, the family lived on E 115 St between 1st and Pleasant Ave in East Harlem (same block that decades later the Palma Boys club was located). By 1930, Dominic was living in West New York, married to his wife Lucille, and working as a pipefitting foreman (his parents both died in the Bx). As Ferrara/Ferraro are extremely common surnames across Italy/Sicily, and I'm not sure what his mother's correct surname was, I'm not sure where his parents were from (Magretti I'd bet was Napolitan', but that's just my best guess; if that was actually it, could also be Northern). There were like a dozen or two Domenico Ferraras who arrived in NYC who could match his father.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”