Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: I create a mob blog

Post by motorfab »

New text online dedicated to the power struggle between Paolo Violi & Nicolo Rizzuto in Montreal during the 70s https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... violi.html
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

An informative read. I always enjoy learning more about the Montreal Mafia. The Montreal underworlds' scheming and double-dealing is endlessly fascinating. Thanks for breaking it down. Great photos too. Glad you referenced "The Canadian Connection." It should be on every mob researcher's bookshelf.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

motorfab wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:38 am New text online dedicated to the power struggle between Paolo Violi & Nicolo Rizzuto in Montreal during the 70s https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... violi.html
I just retweeted your tweet about your latest blog post.
Ed wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:44 am An informative read. I always enjoy learning more about the Montreal Mafia. The Montreal underworlds' scheming and double-dealing is endlessly fascinating. Thanks for breaking it down. Great photos too. Glad you referenced "The Canadian Connection." It should be on every mob researcher's bookshelf.
You are absolutely correct about Jean-Pierre Charbonneau's book.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great job, Fab.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Ed wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:44 am An informative read. I always enjoy learning more about the Montreal Mafia. The Montreal underworlds' scheming and double-dealing is endlessly fascinating. Thanks for breaking it down. Great photos too. Glad you referenced "The Canadian Connection." It should be on every mob researcher's bookshelf.
I couldn't agree more. The diversity, complexity and all the ramifications of the Montreal mafia with other groups such as bikers, local gangsters, Corso-Marseillais back in the days or the mafias in Sicily in Calabria are truly fascinating. I've been interested in it since about 2013 and I still manage to discover things, it's endless.

A very valuable source for the Cotroni-Violi years is this, a CECO summary. The document also focuses on the Dubois brothers (the other major clan in Montreal in those years). It's in French but you can download the pdf and translate it https://numerique.banq.qc.ca/patrimoine ... htext=ceco

And yes absolutely, The Canadian Connection is a must have for every mob researcher. I believe that with the book "Les Parrains Corses" by Vincent Nouzilles & Jacques Follorou, it is the book that I use the most to get my information. The work in it is impressive !
antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 pm I just retweeted your tweet about your latest blog post.
I saw, thanks to you I had a crazy number of views. If one day I come to Canada, remind me to buy you a beer or whatever you drink, it's really great, thank you very much :)
B. wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:26 pmGreat job, Fab.
Thanks B. !
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Really great read on the schism between the Calabrian/Sicilian factions up in Montreal. One of the most fascinating groups to learn about and I appreciate your article on it!
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Southshore88 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:25 am Really great read on the schism between the Calabrian/Sicilian factions up in Montreal. One of the most fascinating groups to learn about and I appreciate your article on it!
Thank you very much Southshore88, glad you enjoyed it
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Great article as always fella.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

motorfab wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:20 am
antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 pm I just retweeted your tweet about your latest blog post.
I saw, thanks to you I had a crazy number of views. If one day I come to Canada, remind me to buy you a beer or whatever you drink, it's really great, thank you very much :)
You're very welcome.

I think it the highest compliment that one of Rocco Violi's sons retweeted your tweet too, as well as praising you for your blog post -- later I'll send you a PM here or a DM on Twitter. This son was very sad when he learned of the death of †Pierre de Champlain, as I suspect the two of them had corresponded over the years, which might have included de Champlain sending him photos of Rocco Violi the son had never previously seen.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

aleksandrored wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 pm Great article as always fella.
Thank you !
antimafia wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:11 pm You're very welcome.

I think it the highest compliment that one of Rocco Violi's sons retweeted your tweet too, as well as praising you for your blog post -- later I'll send you a PM here or a DM on Twitter. This son was very sad when he learned of the death of †Pierre de Champlain, as I suspect the two of them had corresponded over the years, which might have included de Champlain sending him photos of Rocco Violi the son had never previously seen.
Ah yes ? I think I see who the person you are talking about is, but you will confirm that later in your PM. I had no idea he was Rocco Violi's son :o
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Addition on the blog of the historical membership of the Cupola, the Sicilian Commission. No English version because it is not really a text, but if necessary there is the translator on the page https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... de-la.html

A very big thank you to Dwalin2014 for his help and corrections. If anyone has any comments, corrections and even photos I'm missing, fell free to tell it
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Excellent. Didn't know Caccamo was the first head of it.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

motorfab wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:32 am Addition on the blog of the historical membership of the Cupola, the Sicilian Commission. No English version because it is not really a text, but if necessary there is the translator on the page https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... de-la.html

A very big thank you to Dwalin2014 for his help and corrections. If anyone has any comments, corrections and even photos I'm missing, fell free to tell it
I think Leandro Greco was on the last one, and Buscemi was a proxy for the Inzerillos...
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

B. wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:48 am Excellent. Didn't know Caccamo was the first head of it.
Thanks, yes it's Dwalin2014 who brought this to my attention. I have been a little bit of Lupo for a while but I had not yet had time to read it
CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:54 am I think Leandro Greco was on the last one, and Buscemi was a proxy for the Inzerillos...
It seems that you are right and that Calogero Lo Piccolo of San Lorenzo too. Thank you, I add them as soon as I can. To be honest I forgot the Operazione Cupola 2.0 bis

Giovanni Sirchia was organizing the meeting of May 29 2018, do we know if he was part of the cupola or was he just the host of the meeting?

And is there other names to add in the Cupola of 2018 ?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

New text online dedicated to the French chapter of the Pizza Connection https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... ction.html

Also yesterday I posted some mugshots of guys I couldn't include in the text, so for those who want to put faces to some of the names viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3835&start=30

And as usual, a big thanks to thekiduknow for the translation in English