Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Dave65827 »

What about Violi claiming the commission approved his promotion ?

I always found that the most interesting of his claims that the commission could possible be active. May not be a traditional “commission” like the old days but may still be active in some kind

Also imagine how ironic it is that Todaro jr has a sponsership deal with the buffalo bills the “Bills Mafia” lmao
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:25 pm What about Violi claiming the commission approved his promotion ?

I always found that the most interesting of his claims that the commission could possible be active. May not be a traditional “commission” like the old days but may still be active in some kind

Also imagine how ironic it is that Todaro jr has a sponsership deal with the buffalo bills the “Bills Mafia” lmao
We have conflicting perspectives on the Commission... Gravano said they still had NYC Commission meetings through the late 1980s, and it was commonly believed by others that Massino organized that later "Commission" meeting with representatives of the NYC families.

But then Massino flipped and said the Commission ceased to exist in the mid-1980s after the Commission trial and there technically hasn't been a Commission since.

One POV seems to see any formal meeting/decision made by the leadership of all/most of the NYC families as the defacto "Commission," and call it as such, while someone like Massino is referring to the specific ruling body called the Commission that required specific bosses to be voted in as "avugads" who formally represent different US families, etc.

Violi may have been taking the more loose Gravano definition, where any consultation with the NYC family leaders as a whole is the "Commission." Hard to say for sure given we don't know the exact process Joe Todaro Jr. followed to contact the NYC families, only that he felt it was important to receive their approval for promoting a Canadian underboss.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Dave65827 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:25 pm
Between that and his appearance on One Bite with Portnoy, he's at the cutting edge of sports pop culture!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Dan Telvock the investigative reporter at WIVB Chanel 4 in Buffalo has a new story with video of the judge moments before he was hit by the train. It appears he laid on the tracks. Here is the link: https://www.wivb.com/news/exclusive-new ... train/amp/
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:52 pm That is not accurate. Buffalo is the first family to have several prosecutions against its top leaders (really the first major success the Feds had against a family in that regard) and if I'm not mistaken the first family to have had a made member testify in court.

Pogo
So were not counting Valachi as the first member to testify in the 60s then?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:22 pm Dan Telvock the investigative reporter at WIVB Chanel 4 in Buffalo has a new story with video of the judge moments before he was hit by the train. It appears he laid on the tracks. Here is the link: https://www.wivb.com/news/exclusive-new ... train/amp/
Wow. There was actually a guy there filming it. What are the chances.

This would infer guilt. Innocent people don't commit suicide after allegations of impropriety. They fight them. The guilty knock themselves.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

I exchanged some DMs with Stephen Metelsky about his new book. He told me I could copy-paste some of his DMs, edited, on what I told him was a private organized-crime forum I frequent daily -- please see below.

There is definitely some overlap with the material from my presentation that is in my book, and a lot of extra information from first-hand interviews with undercover operatives in the USA & Canada. The book has exclusive info about Vito Rizzuto, from a Montreal investigator and a Mississauga operative who interviewed Vito for 3 hrs at Toronto airport upon his return from a Colorado prison cell. The book also has a lot of mafia stories from the New York mafia, including an FBI agent who was on the inside of the Donnie Brasco investigation & who came face to face with

..Angelo "quack quack" Ruggiero, Bruno Indelicato & Paul Castellano's mansion, ..et al. Lot of biker stuff too. Thank you so much for your interest. Best spot for people to find the book is my official webpage: http://Underworldstories.com I have links for Canada and the USA for those interested purchasing it. Thanks again. Have a good day!!

I offered to copy-paste the book's promo summary and his author bio -- please see below.

Promo summary:

Undercover is a vivid collection of the harrowing journeys of covert operators who ventured into a dark underworld to infiltrate the most dangerous criminals lurking within. Their death defying experiences will give the reader a front row seat to stories rarely shared by those involved in one of the most volatile occupations.

A vast array of criminal genres are documented, ranging from the hunt to kill cartel leader Pablo Escobar, homicides and murder for hire, Canadian mobster Vito Rizzuto, the infiltration of biker gangs and traditional organized crime, the FBI’s operation Donnie Brasco, surreptitious installation of listening devices, New York mob boss Paul Castellano, biker clubhouses, the Gambino crime family, bombs and terror plots, crack houses, near-death experiences, drug and gun trafficking, to taking down psychopathic hitman Richard “The Iceman” Kuklinski - and more.

Through interviews with operatives from the United States and Canada, the author has documented the most adrenaline-inducing accounts in Undercover of the men and women immersed in a world riddled with deception, murder, and mayhem.

Author bio:

Stephen Metelsky, M.A., is a criminal psychology professor at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. He also lectures about organized crime in the faculty of arts and sciences at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario.

Stephen was a police officer for 21 years with the Halton Regional Police Service. He finished his policing career with the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit [CFSEU] of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police [RCMP] before retiring in 2017 as a sergeant. He specialized in traditional organized crime, informant development and undercover operations – as an operator and covert handler.

Stephen is a cold case columnist with Blue Line magazine – a Canadian subscription geared towards front-line policing. He has covered true and organized crime stories for various newspapers affiliated with Metroland Media Group & Postmedia Network Incorporated.

Undercover is Stephen’s first true crime book as an author.

Contact Information:
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

TommyNoto wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:35 pm
thesociety 89 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:24 am Todaro must be twitchy by now.
The Buffalo article said that there has never been a major case vs Buff admin ? Fascinating if true and also I don’t think a member has ever flipped. We really are flying blind with them but based on how cautious he seems too insulated to be worried.

Based on recent news , it seems like Buff has some been moving some weight and I wonder what the drug routes look like with Canada / Hamilton / Buffalo NYC . How much is flowing from Canada to NYC outside of weed and X.
There have been some major cases, you are right in that however the government has never been able to prosecute a successful RICO. Here is a quote from the Buffalo News:
The latest investigation is a continuation of unsuccessful efforts that date back more than a century, long before the iron-fisted reign of the late Stefano Magaddino, the most powerful Mafia leader in Buffalo’s history.

If there is a powerful Mafia family in Buffalo, law enforcement officials have never proven it.

Despite some successful prosecutions for murder, bookmaking, loan sharking, drug trafficking, theft and other crimes, law enforcement has never made a criminal racketeering case against leaders of the alleged Buffalo Mafia organization.

Here is a link to article quoted above: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/crim ... fe74b.html

It should be noted that the State Police’s Forest Ave Boys (the precursor to the NYS Organized Crime Task Force did not trust the FBI at all. Here is a passage from Ch.2 of the Real Teflon Don that tells their story:
While the FBI never publicly recognized the accomplishments of the Forest Avenue Boys, FBI officials adopted and utilized many of the techniques the secret team developed to get listening devices into the cars, homes and businesses of mobsters.

What developed though was much better than the disastrous and heavy-handed FBI efforts that did not garner much useful information. One of Magaddino’s operatives likely discovered the FBI bugs and made sure crime planning and even references to the names of Magaddino’s “generals” and higher ups were never referred to in any of the FBI-bugged locations.

After the FBI began making regular visits to the facility, a sound-proof room was built into a corner of the second-floor operation with a desk in the middle of that room for the twenty-four hour, seven day a week monitoring of mob phone calls. Each conversation had to be written down by hand on the yellow legal pads the team shared in the sound-proof room. That inner sound-proof room was the farthest from the stairs to the second floor and behind the office the Boys had set up to keep the operational records of the unit under lock and key. The Boys much-justified suspicions about the FBI and their mistrust of FBI agents played a major role in the design of the Boys home-away-from-home. They set it up to protect the unit from interlopers—including the FBI! By late August 1964 the secret room―which became the second home of every member of the team―was fully operational with its wiretapping devices installed as far away as Magaddino’s funeral home and home in Niagara Falls and Lewiston thanks to the ineffective wires the FBI dumped on them. The only person not in the State Police kept up to date about the operations in the unit was Maury Gavin’s friend from the New York Telephone Company known as “Red.” To ensure security the stairs of the building were rigged so the unit could not be surprised. No mail was ever sent to unit members at the secret site and no visitors from Troop A were ever given guided tours of the site.
Also, I feel it needs to me mentioned that many on WNY question the whole first witness protection program that started in Buffalo. From what I understand the gentleman made many trips back to Buffalo and lived in areas out west known to have large mob contingencies. But I have to go back and find the information on this.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

antimafia wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:57 pm I exchanged some DMs with Stephen Metelsky about his new book. He told me I could copy-paste some of his DMs, edited, on what I told him was a private organized-crime forum I frequent daily -- please see below.

There is definitely some overlap with the material from my presentation that is in my book, and a lot of extra information from first-hand interviews with undercover operatives in the USA & Canada. The book has exclusive info about Vito Rizzuto, from a Montreal investigator and a Mississauga operative who interviewed Vito for 3 hrs at Toronto airport upon his return from a Colorado prison cell. The book also has a lot of mafia stories from the New York mafia, including an FBI agent who was on the inside of the Donnie Brasco investigation & who came face to face with

..Angelo "quack quack" Ruggiero, Bruno Indelicato & Paul Castellano's mansion, ..et al. Lot of biker stuff too. Thank you so much for your interest. Best spot for people to find the book is my official webpage: http://Underworldstories.com I have links for Canada and the USA for those interested purchasing it. Thanks again. Have a good day!!

I offered to copy-paste the book's promo summary and his author bio -- please see below.

Promo summary:

Undercover is a vivid collection of the harrowing journeys of covert operators who ventured into a dark underworld to infiltrate the most dangerous criminals lurking within. Their death defying experiences will give the reader a front row seat to stories rarely shared by those involved in one of the most volatile occupations.

A vast array of criminal genres are documented, ranging from the hunt to kill cartel leader Pablo Escobar, homicides and murder for hire, Canadian mobster Vito Rizzuto, the infiltration of biker gangs and traditional organized crime, the FBI’s operation Donnie Brasco, surreptitious installation of listening devices, New York mob boss Paul Castellano, biker clubhouses, the Gambino crime family, bombs and terror plots, crack houses, near-death experiences, drug and gun trafficking, to taking down psychopathic hitman Richard “The Iceman” Kuklinski - and more.

Through interviews with operatives from the United States and Canada, the author has documented the most adrenaline-inducing accounts in Undercover of the men and women immersed in a world riddled with deception, murder, and mayhem.

Author bio:

Stephen Metelsky, M.A., is a criminal psychology professor at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. He also lectures about organized crime in the faculty of arts and sciences at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario.

Stephen was a police officer for 21 years with the Halton Regional Police Service. He finished his policing career with the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit [CFSEU] of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police [RCMP] before retiring in 2017 as a sergeant. He specialized in traditional organized crime, informant development and undercover operations – as an operator and covert handler.

Stephen is a cold case columnist with Blue Line magazine – a Canadian subscription geared towards front-line policing. He has covered true and organized crime stories for various newspapers affiliated with Metroland Media Group & Postmedia Network Incorporated.

Undercover is Stephen’s first true crime book as an author.

Contact Information:
Sounds great!!! It seems to be in the realm of Joquin Garcias book, style-wise.....
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

^^^ I don’t write the above to disparage the FBI... just to acknowledge the fact that no organization is perfect. We all know State Troopers that have been implicated in some of the Buffalo Mob narcotics rings of the ‘90’s as well.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Newyorkempire wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:30 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:52 pm That is not accurate. Buffalo is the first family to have several prosecutions against its top leaders (really the first major success the Feds had against a family in that regard) and if I'm not mistaken the first family to have had a made member testify in court.

I don't think Valachi testified in court in the 1960s. Paddy Calabrese is regarded as the first made member to actually testify in a trial. I think Valachi may have testified in a trial in the 1970s (maybe against Carmine Persico?) but that was after Calabrese.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:57 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:30 pm

I don't think Valachi testified in court in the 1960s. Paddy Calabrese is regarded as the first made member to actually testify in a trial. I think Valachi may have testified in a trial in the 1970s (maybe against Carmine Persico?) but that was after Calabrese.

Pogo
I'm referring specifically to the Valachi hearing sin 1963 that basically gave up the entire existence of the Mafia in front of a committee not a specific trial against another member.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Is there any concrete evidence Paddy Calabrese was made? I've seen conflicting descriptions and most of what I've found points to him being an associate of Fred Randaccio. He was still in his 20s in 1967 and Buffalo reportedly wasn't making many members in the 1960s.

Did he claim to be made in his testimony or did any other info come out identifying him as a member? I genuinely don't know what to make of him.
Bricktop
Associate

Post by Bricktop »

WTF? Is there not an easier, less painful way to kill yourself? He couldn't go grab up a handful of pain pills or even shoot himself in the head? Damn.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

calabrianwatch wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 am
Moscone65 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 am Caruana cuntrera are still active in Toronto area. They were having a beef a few years back because they were ripped off by the commissos.
Is this when they attacked the house of Joe Cuntrera in 2017 or after? Because that was a strange one (I am sure people here have discussed it before, will check for previous posts...) to target the boss' house and get away with it....

As for Musitano, the way the story is told in Italy is: Musitano had alliances with Commisso and according to Commisso also with the Caruana Cuntrera, and had therefore dealings with Coluccio. The Coluccios were going to Buffalo often, unsure why but business related. When the Siderno fight erupts between Figliomeni vs Coluccio then this creates problems in the whole group...

The Costa murder in January could also be linked to this. Michael costa is a drug trafficker for the Coluccio - the Figliomeni want the Coluccio out so taking out Costa makes sense in this perspective... but I guess that is another story ahahah
And commisso is right in the middle because they are blood related to both figliomeni and some coluccios too. And ya joe cuntrera left the country that time. They are saying that the Wolfpack killed cosimo commisso (the nephew) but really it was on behalf of the cuntreras. I heard that when the younger cosimo got killed that the uncle went to New York to talk to people about getting revenge and assistance but supposedly they told him no because they shouldn’t have been ripping people off.