Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thesociety 89
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by thesociety 89 »

Todaro must be twitchy by now.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

thesociety 89 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:24 am Todaro must be twitchy by now.
No, all the evidence is just a farce. There is no proof whatsoever that the Mafia still exists in Buffalo.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

OcSleeper wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:58 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:44 am Jonny Catz was caught on wire talking to Pat about Papalia needing to get hit. It was not assumed that they aligned with Vito after that.
Everything I have ever read has either outright said that or heavily implied it. Anyone I've seen talk about it has also said the same thing. It's not like I just imagined this :?
No reason for Pat to talk about Papalia needing to get murdered unless Buffalo, specifically New York Buffalo had a vested interest. If there was a double alignment that's a different story, but Pat was under Buffalo at the time of the murder not the Rizzutos. If you're talking a partnership that's different.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

johnny_scootch wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:12 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm Why would Todaro, who seems to be well respected, allow his soldier to kick up to Rizzuto? Or to be subservient to an authority not his own? Why were the Musitanos hiding behind Vito? Couldnt Todaro have beefed to the Bonnanos? Or is it the Caruanas they would have had to make the appeal? And they wernt hearing it? I'm speculating out loud here......

I'm ultimately asking, if Pat was a made man in Buffalo, why would he be kicking up to, and PROTECTED BY Vito Rizzuto? I'm still a little lost there....
If the Musitano’s were Buffalo members all that stuff about them being protected by and kicking up to the Rizzuto’s is completely false.
Yet, they apparently were supporting the " Sicilians"... so is this referring to the Caruana- Cuntreras? More so than the Rizzutos?

This is something hinted at in the Scoppa book, that the Caruanas were the truly rich ones, and that Vito "listened to" , ie took orders from them....
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

CabriniGreen wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:55 am
This is something hinted at in the Scoppa book, that the Caruanas were the truly rich ones, and that Vito "listened to" , ie took orders from them....
I’ve always believed that since the Caruanas couldn’t take the territory of Montreal away from the Bonanno family they essentially took the decina away instead. The Rizzuto’s were Bonanno’s on paper but their close affiliation with the Caruana Cuntrera family is what made them more then just a Bonanno family crew and gave them international standing.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@CabriniGreen: When you quote could you kindly only quote the relevant sections you are referring too.
It becomes difficult to read scrolling down multipage long quotes.

Thanks.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm
I'm ultimately asking, if Pat was a made man in Buffalo, why would he be kicking up to, and PROTECTED BY Vito Rizzuto? I'm still a little lost there....
I believe it’s potentially having to do with the fact of them all being part of a business consortium of sorts, not so much protection.

Prior to Musitano supplanting Papalia, all involved were making money via the Biker War in Quebec, specifically via cocaine. The HA Nomads were close with the Rizzutos via Mom and Vito, as well as Norman Robitaille and Nick Rizzuto Jr.

There was also Water Stadnik in Hamilton, who was also a HA Nomad, but unlike most 1% he developed quality mob connections, including Papalia. Don’t know about the rest of the Hamilton families?

When Papalia was removed the money kept flowing and the blow, I even think the Musitanos had a bar called Zuccha or something, I’ll assume it means sugar.

It wasn’t until the Musitanos got ratted out by Ken Murdock, that that money system started to weaken in Ontario, it lasted until at least Rizzuto got arrested after the Biker War ended.

The Caruana-Cuntrera may play a bigger role in the money system, getting it clean, etc. Which is one of the more important parts of OC business IMO.

Wasn’t Muistano also looking to kill all the Luppino-Violis and Remo Commisso, shorty after killing Papalia and Barillaro? If so, and he was made in Buffalo, then that could of brought this war to Hamilton 20 years earlier.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Moscone65 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:55 am Caruana cuntrera are still active in Toronto area. They were having a beef a few years back because they were ripped off by the commissos.
Is this when they attacked the house of Joe Cuntrera in 2017 or after? Because that was a strange one (I am sure people here have discussed it before, will check for previous posts...) to target the boss' house and get away with it....

As for Musitano, the way the story is told in Italy is: Musitano had alliances with Commisso and according to Commisso also with the Caruana Cuntrera, and had therefore dealings with Coluccio. The Coluccios were going to Buffalo often, unsure why but business related. When the Siderno fight erupts between Figliomeni vs Coluccio then this creates problems in the whole group...

The Costa murder in January could also be linked to this. Michael costa is a drug trafficker for the Coluccio - the Figliomeni want the Coluccio out so taking out Costa makes sense in this perspective... but I guess that is another story ahahah
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

@calabrianwatch

Have you heard anything related to the ‘Wolfpack’ in Italy? They are a group mentioned in a feud with the Commisso in the GTA. They are suspected in the murder of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso and the woman that was with him, thanks.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/8 ... zed-crime/
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:40 am @calabrianwatch

Have you heard anything related to the ‘Wolfpack’ in Italy? They are a group mentioned in a feud with the Commisso in the GTA. They are suspected in the murder of Cosimo Ernesto Commisso and the woman that was with him, thanks.

nothing about them on this side (at least not that I know of!) I will check again though
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

calabrianwatch wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:43 am
SantoClaus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:40 am @calabrianwatch

nothing about them on this side (at least not that I know of!) I will check again though
Awesome, much appreciated!
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Why
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

@TommyGambino he's getting mentioned every fucking 5 minutes in articles, blogs, youtube and well....this site. He must be fully aware of what hes been accused of.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

The Buffalo article said that there has never been a major case vs Buff admin ? Fascinating if true and also I don’t think a member has ever flipped. We really are flying blind with them but based on how cautious he seems too insulated to be worried.

Based on recent news , it seems like Buff has some been moving some weight and I wonder what the drug routes look like with Canada / Hamilton / Buffalo NYC . How much is flowing from Canada to NYC outside of weed and X.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That is not accurate. Buffalo is the first family to have several prosecutions against its top leaders (really the first major success the Feds had against a family in that regard) and if I'm not mistaken the first family to have had a made member testify in court.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.