35 years ago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Re: 35 years ago

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

The day I was born...
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Happy Birthday. Wish I was your age again lol.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

Happy Birthday ChiOutfit! Hell baldo, I wish I was 25!
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:17 am Gambino did not pick Castellano.

Who did then?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 am

Who did then?
He was voted in.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Frank wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:07 am
AlexfromSouth wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 am

Who did then?
He was voted in.
Castellano had been a stable acting boss for a while so that helped him get the votes. I think "we know what we have, but don´t know what we´ll get" type of thing applied here. However, without sounding like I knew them guys personally, I think Gallo would have been the perfect choice. He was respected across the table and had a lot of good, solid connections throughout the US. Mild mannered and was mafia to the core. Dellacroce was hot tempered and was under the attention from law enforcement a lot. And it wasn´t the good kind of attention. He was sandpaper and Gallo was silk. During the last years of Gambino´s life, Gambino referred to Dellacroce as "cannon fodder".
There you have it, never printed before.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
B. wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:22 pm Recently heard John Alite say he knew about the Castellano plot in advance. He says he was eating with a Lucchese guy the night it happened and was anticipating it. So he's not only saying he knew about the plot, but knew the specific day it was going to happen.

I like his show and listen to most of the episodes as long as they don't have a rapper on. I don't take him or Borello too seriously, but aside from his claims of having tons of hits under his belt, I don't normally take much issue with what Alite says. Having a hard time with this claim, though
Alite is absolutely full of shit on this one. As we know, Gotti and his guys only approached the leaders of three other families about whether they would be ok with Castellano being taken out. They didn't know any specifics. Hell, even the shooters didn't know who they were hitting until they gathered shortly before it went down. Naturally, Gotti and the others couldn't afford to have the info slip out, Paul or law enforcement tipped off, etc. The idea Alite, who was a low level nobody at the time, was in the know is beyond absurd.
I've always wondered why none of those individuals who were approached warned Castellano about it and why Gotti and co. took this risk of potentially jeopardising their own lives.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LM-G810 met Tapatalk

Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

ChicagoOutfit wrote:The day I was born...
The year I was born. As a matter of fact Alite told me in advance.

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 amI've always wondered why none of those individuals who were approached warned Castellano about it and why Gotti and co. took this risk of potentially jeopardising their own lives.

It seems Gotti and his co-conspirators wanted to at least put feelers out to some of the other families to try and ensure they didn't get any unexpected pushback afterward. Obviously they only approached people they trusted and who apparently wouldn't miss Paul. Obviously why they didn't approach the West Side.
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
Lupara wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:08 amI've always wondered why none of those individuals who were approached warned Castellano about it and why Gotti and co. took this risk of potentially jeopardising their own lives.

It seems Gotti and his co-conspirators wanted to at least put feelers out to some of the other families to try and ensure they didn't get any unexpected pushback afterward. Obviously they only approached people they trusted and who apparently wouldn't miss Paul. Obviously why they didn't approach the West Side.
Not sure whether you could trust anyone in that life, especially concerning such matters. I was under the impresssion that they consulted the bosses of those families, which was quite risky, but apparantly necessary. Ofcourse Amuso and Casso double crossed them later on.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

Pmac2 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 am Paul killed way more people then Gotti. Or probably any other mob boss. Think about how many old or nod of the head to kill someone

Agreed. There is a big misconception that Paul was just a laid back boss who didn’t like violence. However he really was a boss who would kill anyone he had to and had a temper. I mean he Ordered killed his daughters ex husband and boyfriend, Roy demeo, The eppolitos, Nick scibetta, Johnny keys Simone, and many others
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JMAN723 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:01 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:39 am Paul killed way more people then Gotti. Or probably any other mob boss. Think about how many old or nod of the head to kill someone

Agreed. There is a big misconception that Paul was just a laid back boss who didn’t like violence. However he really was a boss who would kill anyone he had to and had a temper. I mean he Ordered killed his daughters ex husband and boyfriend, Roy demeo, The eppolitos, Nick scibetta, Johnny keys Simone, and many others
And probably would of killed Gotti
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

This is where Im confused. Isnt there info that Amuso became boss in late 1986? Paulie was killed in 1985
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:51 am]Not sure whether you could trust anyone in that life, especially concerning such matters. I was under the impresssion that they consulted the bosses of those families, which was quite risky, but apparantly necessary. Ofcourse Amuso and Casso double crossed them later on.
They consulted Amuso and Casso from the Luccheses. I don't recall if they had officially taken over yet from Corallo. And Gerry Lang from the Colombos, who's response was "What are you waiting for?" I don't remember who they approached in the Bonannos. In any event, this obviously didn't amount to official Commission approval with Chin.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:20 pm
Lupara wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:51 am]Not sure whether you could trust anyone in that life, especially concerning such matters. I was under the impresssion that they consulted the bosses of those families, which was quite risky, but apparantly necessary. Ofcourse Amuso and Casso double crossed them later on.
They consulted Amuso and Casso from the Luccheses. I don't recall if they had officially taken over yet from Corallo. And Gerry Lang from the Colombos, who's response was "What are you waiting for?" I don't remember who they approached in the Bonannos. In any event, this obviously didn't amount to official Commission approval with Chin.
Thanks and lol Gerry Lang said what are you waiting for. We definitely know where he stood.