Andrew Scoppa

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Andrew Scoppa

Post by Etna »

So if I understand this correctly - Moreno Gallo gave Stefano & Rocco Sollecito a heads up to get out of town before the assault on the Rizzuto family occurred?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:26 am
scagghiuni wrote:i'm sure that montagna ordered the murder of nick jr, even if ducarme was the shooter, scoppa is probably not even made
Montagna must've given the go-ahead and Desjardins' guys may have caried it out, since they were working together.
Agreed.... what's not clear is if all this was a New York directive, or if Montagna called his own shot.

Its implied that Nick Jr.s murder, and the lack of response by the Rizzuto clan, and their general state of disarray after Colesium, and Vitos arrest, emboldened Montagna. And as he polled the lieutenants and saw the attitudes toward Vito shift, he formed alliances and looked to step in.

Heres the thing, even if hes successful in moving the Rizzutos out, hes got a pack of wolves to deal with, Murderous aggressive Bikers, Street gangs, he would have had to manage the narcotics contacts, I mean... he woulda had his hands full reguardless...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Who is ‘roommate’?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Etna wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:37 am So if I understand this correctly - Moreno Gallo gave Stefano & Rocco Sollecito a heads up to get out of town before the assault on the Rizzuto family occurred?
No, Montagna tapped him to contact the Sollecitos. Montagna had Gallo tell them they had to leave the city. Montagna wanted them gone before Vito got out, so as to cut off Vitos power base. Stefano apparently took this very personally....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:53 am Who is ‘roommate’?
Tonnino Collochia, I fucked the spelling up....
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Lupara wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:17 am
OcSleeper wrote:
Do I know who shot? Yes. Besides, this guy is still alive.
Then the question arises why they didn't ask him who this person is? He was breaking Omerta anyway so why be an asshole and give a vague revelation just to boast about it? Ofcourse, it's quite possible he did provide a name but for legal (and safety) reasons they can not mention it in the book.

Yeah I guess I was misunderstanding it.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

The way Scoppa paints the Sollecitos is interesting. Not that Scoppa directly says this but you get the idea that the Sollecitos had no loyalties except to themselves. They seemed to use Vito to remove anyone they had a problem with
Paulywallnutz
Associate

Post by Paulywallnutz »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 am The way Scoppa paints the Sollecitos is interesting. Not that Scoppa directly says this but you get the idea that the Sollecitos had no loyalties except to themselves. They seemed to use Vito to remove anyone they had a problem with
They’re all loyal to money and power
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Thanks again Cabrini, always an interesting subject. It seems like Scoppa was a Rizzuto loyalist, at least as long as Vito was alive. Paying to hide Rizzuto members doesnt sound like someone on the opposition side. It seems like the relationship between Steve Sauce and Scoppa was not good and eventually, after Vito died, came to a head.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Paulywallnutz wrote:
OcSleeper wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:17 am The way Scoppa paints the Sollecitos is interesting. Not that Scoppa directly says this but you get the idea that the Sollecitos had no loyalties except to themselves. They seemed to use Vito to remove anyone they had a problem with
They’re all loyal to money and power
"They're all business men, their loyalty is based on that".
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
Lupara wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:26 am
scagghiuni wrote:i'm sure that montagna ordered the murder of nick jr, even if ducarme was the shooter, scoppa is probably not even made
Montagna must've given the go-ahead and Desjardins' guys may have caried it out, since they were working together.
Agreed.... what's not clear is if all this was a New York directive, or if Montagna called his own shot.
Good question. My logic dictates that the Bonannos in New York were consulted at the least. But perhaps Montagna had enough status to make the decision on his own.
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

It sounds like Montagna was a useful idiot used by Desjardins, Mirarchi and their allies, with Di Maulo pulling the strings from the shadows.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

PogueMahone wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:30 pm It sounds like Montagna was a useful idiot used by Desjardins, Mirarchi and their allies, with Di Maulo pulling the strings from the shadows.
Bruh, DiMaulo didnt pull anything..... he just kinda went along with Dejardins. Did you see the Scoppa quote where he said DiMaulo " caught the bitch" when he saw his name in the media? Like he literally said he didnt have the balls... even Vito I initially thought he hit Nick Jr., but he didnt it was Joseph and Magi on their own. Notice how funny Dejardins and Mirarchi thought of the idea, Domenico Arcuri, potential boss, they got a great chuckle out of it....

Like I posted the whole excerpts, so there wouldnt be confusion, and it didnt look like just my own opinion.
Paulywallnutz
Associate

Post by Paulywallnutz »

PogueMahone wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:30 pm It sounds like Montagna was a useful idiot used by Desjardins, Mirarchi and their allies, with Di Maulo pulling the strings from the shadows.
That’s what I got out of it.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

And Steve Sauce sounds like he was playing Vito, and Scoppa didnt like it.