Kansas City Crime Family

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Kansas City Crime Family

Post by Pogo The Clown »

[quote=Tonyd621 post_id=163222 time=1596940390 user_id=6287]
Yeah and what LE says and what LE is actively pursuing is two different things. If you believe every declassified memo, press briefing, 302, 772, 473 etc then you are dumber than you sound.
[/quote]

I think your right. The FBI has really known about the existence of the KC family for the last 20 years but are just keeping under wraps. The Northest and Chicago guys are so jealous that they don't get the same treatment from the Feds.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Who was Nicola Impostato?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

What was the dynamic like between the Kansas City and St. Louis families considering they were both in Missouri? Was the combined strength of these families ever brought to bear within LCN politics or no?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Something they portrayed in that show Ozark, how much did Right to Work weaken the KC family? The Teamsters specifically?

Just a few things I was wondering about, since KC is at the forefront for the moment.....

Carry on....
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:33 pm What was the dynamic like between the Kansas City and St. Louis families considering they were both in Missouri? Was the combined strength of these families ever brought to bear within LCN politics or no?
John Simone, the son, went to college in St. Louis in the early 1990s and supposedly had a bookmaking operation there.
ThomasSpears
Associate

Post by ThomasSpears »

Pogo here you go. The obituary even states who is the new syndicate don as well. Sadly don Giacalone and don vena could not attend as they had international mafia affairs holding them up at the time. I believe something about establishing a pipeline for drugs with connections back in Italy. fun fact of the Midwest that people do dot talk about as it is just a hidden secret. 80 % or drug deals happen on retirement center grounds. Hence how all the Midwest big shots are able to get back into the game. #facts #32lcn families!! https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansa ... =184315730
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:37 pm Something they portrayed in that show Ozark, how much did Right to Work weaken the KC family? The Teamsters specifically?

Just a few things I was wondering about, since KC is at the forefront for the moment.....

Carry on....
The union movement has been in decline for years. There are significantly less U.S. workers today who are members of a union than there once were.

That said, Missouri isn't a right to work state so that didn't factor into it. I stated before, the family's clout with the Teamsters came mostly from Civella's control of Roy Lee Williams, who would become IBT president in the early 1980s. This gave Civella influence over the Central States Pension Fund.

From a union standpoint, what did have an effect was trucking deregulation, which allowed trucking companies more freedom to enter the market, decide rates, etc. Williams was charged with trying to bribe a senator to stop it.
All roads lead to New York.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:41 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 pm Yeah and what LE says and what LE is actively pursuing is two different things. If you believe every declassified memo, press briefing, 302, 772, 473 etc then you are dumber than you sound.

I think your right. The FBI has really known about the existence of the KC family for the last 20 years but are just keeping under wraps. The Northest and Chicago guys are so jealous that they don't get the same treatment from the Feds.

Pogo
The FBI has known about it for the past 20 yrs.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Yes, to some people's heartbreaking dismay & obsession, the Feds have known KC has been defunct for many years. A few left over remnants who will die off soon. Even if a couple of them contacted a made guy in New York about something, they would only be recognized as made members of the National LCN but not an active family. There is no National Commission anymore. The heads of the New York 5 barely even all get together. RICO Statute changed everything. Theses are American born criminals whose first priority is to make money & nothing else. In DiLeonardo's testimony when asked what he thought about the rules, he even called most of them a bunch of hypocrisy.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Confederate wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:56 pm Yes, to some people's heartbreaking dismay & obsession, the Feds have known KC has been defunct for many years. A few left over remnants who will die off soon. Even if a couple of them contacted a made guy in New York about something, they would only be recognized as made members of the National LCN but not an active family. There is no National Commission anymore. The heads of the New York 5 barely even all get together. RICO Statute changed everything. Theses are American born criminals whose first priority is to make money & nothing else. In DiLeonardo's testimony when asked what he thought about the rules, he even called most of them a bunch of hypocrisy.
What do you mean, the first priority is to make money and nothing else? in the past did they have something more like honor? (sorry if it's a very stupid question)
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

aleksandrored wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm
Confederate wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:56 pm Yes, to some people's heartbreaking dismay & obsession, the Feds have known KC has been defunct for many years. A few left over remnants who will die off soon. Even if a couple of them contacted a made guy in New York about something, they would only be recognized as made members of the National LCN but not an active family. There is no National Commission anymore. The heads of the New York 5 barely even all get together. RICO Statute changed everything. Theses are American born criminals whose first priority is to make money & nothing else. In DiLeonardo's testimony when asked what he thought about the rules, he even called most of them a bunch of hypocrisy.
What do you mean, the first priority is to make money and nothing else? in the past did they have something more like honor? (sorry if it's a very stupid question)
In 2020, there is very little "honor" left in the American LCN. The first priority of these American born guys is to make money. I didn't say it was the only priority, I just meant that it was the first & most important priority over anything else. As far as honor in the American LCN 50 years ago, I suppose there was more of it, it but it was always based mainly on greed, power & a certain amount of hypocrisy if we really want to be honest about it. the greed, power & hypocrisy is just much more prevalent in 2020 because of how the LCN has digressed right along with America hand in hand.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Confederate wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:41 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:16 pm
In 2020, there is very little "honor" left in the American LCN. The first priority of these American born guys is to make money. I didn't say it was the only priority, I just meant that it was the first & most important priority over anything else. As far as honor in the American LCN 50 years ago, I suppose there was more of it, it but it was always based mainly on greed, power & a certain amount of hypocrisy if we really want to be honest about it. the greed, power & hypocrisy is just much more prevalent in 2020 because of how the LCN has digressed right along with America hand in hand.
Understand, thanks for the explanation fella.
Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:42 pm Some people ignore everything and hope for a family to be active, like they want them to be active.
I wonder why. Look at the world today. It's a hero fantasy and it's understandable.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
bobbybatts1
Associate

Post by bobbybatts1 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:14 pm These are the guys I've seen identified in reports and articles as made

1. William Cammisano Jr / 70
2. Nicholas LaBruzzo
3. James Moretina / 70
4. Vincent Pisciotta / 65
5. Peter Ribaste / 69
6. John Sciortino / 76
7. Peter Simone / 75

These are the guys Joeydice and/or Scott B have said are made. But I haven't seen any evidence beyond them saying so. And I have a hard time believing Kansas City still has 13 members today.

1. Gerolamo (Jerry) Cammisano / 66
2. Vincent Civella / 76
3. Frank DeLuna / 61
4. John Mandacina / 73
5. Paul Silvio / 90
6. Anthony Simone / 66
Jerry Cammisano,Vince Civella were made at the same ceremony as FrankPisciotta, 1986. Frank Deluna, Paul Silvio were made in 1966. John Mandacina 1973. Most on these lists have retired, there is no family structure other than honorary titles.There are new blood working rackets but its more like independents and friendships. not old school family structure.
bobbybatts1
Associate

Post by bobbybatts1 »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:54 am
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:52 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:33 am
Costigan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:20 am I'm a little surprised that a family like KC went the way of the dodo so quickly. It's sort of like New Orleans or some of those other small families, the boss goes away for a long stretch and the family falls apart, like there was no real structure in place.
You would think that a family that was able to pull off the Vegas skim would have lasted longer, had more on the ball, so to speak.
Maybe some of the older guys that were left saw Nick Civella die in prison and just let the family die out so they didn't risk suffering the same fate.
It probably has more to do with their recruitment pool drying up—similar to what is happening in New York and elsewhere. The Columbus Park neighborhood used to be an Italian enclave but is now gentrified, full of hipster douchebags, and surrounded by some of the most dangerous, gang-infested neighborhoods in the country.
When I was there a couple of years ago, it seemed asian. Vietnamese I think. Didn’t realize it was surrounded by gang neighborhoods.
Kansas City has a very high per capita murder rate and Columbus Park isn't too far from the epicenter of violence. If you ever want to see the epitome of urban blight take a trip down to Independence Ave. A few years ago I took a wrong turn and wound up down there and couldn't believe how shitty that area is.
the kansas city mob moved north of the river in the early 80s s there is a large Italian population in Clay County.