Present Day Chicago Outfit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: Present Day Chicago Outfit

Post by Confederate »

He doesn't and neither does Panozzo or the rest of his degenerates who always look like they are on meth. :lol:
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

smoker wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 am The old woman story is total nonsense. Not Bobby's style.
Well, According to reports, Bobby seems to love telling that story
Antiliar
Full Patched

Current State of the Chicago Outfit

Post by Antiliar »

From the Joey Lombard thread:
Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 am Just as a general comment, Joey's death almost seems like the end of an era in more ways than one. After the death of DiFronzo, he was probably the last significant guy remaining from the "glory" years of the Outfit (Capone era to 1960s). Additionally, Lombardo's death may very well coincide with the death of the Outfit in general. As many have already pointed out, what does remain of the Outfit appears to be a group of wealthy octogenarians. There is no concrete evidence that new members have been actively recruited, let alone inducted. It's fitting that the Outfit may die with Lombardo, a man who spent nearly 30 years of his life imprisoned for the organization.
I think Scott is the source that Marcello and Sarno made new members. Nick Ferriola, who wasn't made when Frank Calabrese was in prison, allegedly was not only made but was promoted as capo of the Chinatown crew. If it happened and the FBI has the information, we may not find out for years until there's a trial or a public statement. Otherwise it does not seem out of the realm of possibility that they did induct new members.
Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Current State of the Chicago Outfit

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am From the Joey Lombard thread:
Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 am Just as a general comment, Joey's death almost seems like the end of an era in more ways than one. After the death of DiFronzo, he was probably the last significant guy remaining from the "glory" years of the Outfit (Capone era to 1960s). Additionally, Lombardo's death may very well coincide with the death of the Outfit in general. As many have already pointed out, what does remain of the Outfit appears to be a group of wealthy octogenarians. There is no concrete evidence that new members have been actively recruited, let alone inducted. It's fitting that the Outfit may die with Lombardo, a man who spent nearly 30 years of his life imprisoned for the organization.
I think Scott is the source that Marcello and Sarno made new members. Nick Ferriola, who wasn't made when Frank Calabrese was in prison, allegedly was not only made but was promoted as capo of the Chinatown crew. If it happened and the FBI has the information, we may not find out for years until there's a trial or a public statement. Otherwise it does not seem out of the realm of possibility that they did induct new members.
You read that on Scott's site?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

https://gangsterreport.com/chicago-mob- ... flying-15/

The original source for Nick Ferriola being made capo of Chinatown seems to be unavailable at the moment.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Speaking of Chinatown, anyone recognize the guy in the video?:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/A ... 34461.html
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

This guy deserves a medal for being married to Nora Schweihs ;) In reality though I think this guy is still taking bets. Angelo LaPietra's nephew.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:57 am This guy deserves a medal for being married to Nora Schweihs ;) In reality though I think this guy is still taking bets. Angelo LaPietra's nephew.
Michael talarico?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Pete wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:26 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:57 am This guy deserves a medal for being married to Nora Schweihs ;) In reality though I think this guy is still taking bets. Angelo LaPietra's nephew.
Michael talarico?
Handsome Mike Talarico was Angelo's nephew who married The German's daughter and later testified against Frank CAlabrese Sr. I believe he is still running Rocky's and has a catering business in Bridgeport. He was taking bets in the same crew as Rayjo Tominello and those other southside guys at one point - those guys were clearing seven figures on an average NFL sunday at one point.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Now THAT is interesting. This guy is labelled a rat - but I'm of the belief he's with another Outfit crew. His brother Carmine was with Tony the Hatchet Chiaramonte's crew in the south suburbs. These Outfit crews are literally going to court against each other these days. Will be interesting to see what happens here.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:53 am Speaking of Chinatown, anyone recognize the guy in the video?:

So this guy is made and also testified against Frank Calabrese?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:48 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:53 am Speaking of Chinatown, anyone recognize the guy in the video?:

Which begs the question - assuming its the same guy - why we still have him on the Outfit member list?
All roads lead to New York.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 am These Outfit crews are literally going to court against each other these days. Will be interesting to see what happens here.
If that's true, than it seems that history always repeat itself....it all started with the unification of several groups under one top admin but later you can read in numerous reports from the 70s and 80s regarding some capos or crew bosses allegedly "trying to keep the Outfit in one piece", meaning it is quite possible that after Riccas death or maybe even after Accardo's, the organization was always on the edge of breaking into several pieces.... there were always beefs between various crews during different decades...although today is a little bit different lol...just my two cents
Last edited by Villain on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Sorry, I edited this post after I found a source I was looking for. I had thought it was the CCC that I had seen identify Talarico but it was the FBI (see below).
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am
Frank wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:48 am

Which begs the question - assuming its the same guy - why we still have him on the Outfit member list?
It is definitely the same guy.

From a Sun-Times article by Steve Warmbir:
Caruso, a nephew of the late Ald. Fred B. Roti, was identified in a 1999 FBI report as a "made" member of the mob. He is also a member of the Old Neighborhood Italian-American Club.

The group's "purpose . . . was to keep the neighborhood very active with children," Caruso said in a deposition six years ago.

Other current or recent members [of the Old Neighborhood Italian-American Club] include two other men the FBI identified as "made'' mob members: Caruso's brother Frank "Toots'' Caruso and Michael Talarico, a restaurant owner who married into the extended Roti family.
All of that out of the way, Talarico (irregardless of his membership) may have been "allowed" to testify without pleading the fifth and being hit with a perjury charge. Calabrese had fallen out of favor by that point so Toots may have simply told Talarico to go for it. This was similar to the situation with Mickey Marcello testifying at John Ambrose's trial. The Outfit presumably had no more use for Ambrose so they allowed Mickey to testify. Neither one really gave up any incriminating information on active Outfit members in good standing. I'm not really sure you could qualify Talarico as a "rat;" he is not a cooperator or an informant, at least to the extent of my knowledge.