Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Pasquale (Pat) Musitano shot west of Toronto

Post by antimafia »

Reputed Hamilton mafia boss Pat Musitano fights for life after shooting

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news ... ing-report

Hamilton mobster changed Niagara’s underworld

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/new ... nderworld/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:20 pm Cross-posting yet again.
-----------------
CHCH News had a good segment on its TV broadcast about 10 minutes ago. I had to watch the live stream on the Net because an Amber Alert in Ontario prevents TV viewers from hearing any audio while the alert is repeatedly playing on your TV screen.

Musitano met lawyer Joseph Irving at 6:00 am. Musitano is apparently involved in a huge fraud case that alleges he didn't pay subcontractors; the company Havana Group Supplies in Burlington (Ontario) was mentioned, and one page of a document was displayed. After Musitano met with his lawyer for one hour, he left Irving's office and was then shot.
The CHCH News broadcast from this past evening's news is now available. Go to https://www.chch.com/news/evening-news/ ... 167&sgid=1, let the video buffer, and scrub to the 3:25 mark.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I wish we knew the surnames of these upstart rival cells....

Any ideas?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Wow, this is huge. If it continues like this, the Canadians will be unbeatable at the next Olympic Games in the shooting category :mrgreen: !
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

To be honest, I just find it more confusing....
@antimafia

In your opinion, the Musitanos, ndrangheta or Buffalo?

What is the relationship between the Violis and Musitanos exactly?

How do these 2 clans interact with the other Ndrangheta cells operative in the same territory?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Shooting of Pat Musitano latest blow to notorious Hamilton crime family

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.5111046

P.S. At some point I'll try to answer CabriniGreen's questions in the post just above my current one.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

No problem anti....

Much appreciated.....
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

A. A newspaper article shows a picture of Pat & family leaving a funeral home
after a Luppino wake. Pat was behind the death of the Luppino? Or was is the Violi's?
Three ndrang/mob families in Hamilton seems to me like two too crime families many.
In the past the three must have had some sort of arrangement/agreements in place in
order to allow all three to co-exist in the same small city. So many angles and possibilities
as to why and when the disharmony began.

B. After all that has gone down, how does Pat NOT have two armed soldiers with him
as body guards? Does he actually have any soldiers left? Or is Pat the last Musitano
crime family member left on the streets?
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 am
Three ndrang/mob families in Hamilton seems to me like two too crime families many.
Look at it this way......The Violi's, the Luppino's and the Papalia's were/are all Buffalo family members/factions.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:35 am To be honest, I just find it more confusing....
@antimafia

In your opinion, the Musitanos, ndrangheta or Buffalo?

What is the relationship between the Violis and Musitanos exactly?

How do these 2 clans interact with the other Ndrangheta cells operative in the same territory?
I assume the Musitanos are aligned with the Rizzutos in one faction, and the opposing faction is the Violis/Luppinos who are aligned with Buffalo/Bonannos.

The Violi faction was originally in power put was pushed out in the 90s, and now they’re trying to reassert their control. And this is just a continuation of the Montreal war.

I also think it’s not really Sicilian vs Calabrian... more of the Bonannos and Buffalo trying to reestablish order and control over their territories. Or like I think Cabrini said before, the Rizzutos are like the colonies trying to gain independence from the British lol.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 am
Look at it this way......The Violi's, the Luppino's and the Papalia's were/are all Buffalo family members/factions.
I see. Then that explains how they were kept in line.
They had to answer to Maggadino or Lead Pipe Joe.
Since there is not a powerful boss left in Buffalo,
(or Vito Rizzuto) is that why the guns have came out?
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Reporter Susan Clairmont of the Hamilton Spectator tweeted at 10:20 am today that "[m]obster Pat Musitano is still clinging to life after being shot yesterday. I got his condition update moments ago from @PeelPoliceMedia."

That Peel Regional Police account on Twitter is their main one; she might have dealt with someone in Media Relations.

https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/stat ... 7221689345
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It's sad even though they chose the life and what ever goes around comes around.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Unbelievable...
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

A very good article by Nicole O'Reilly of the Hamilton Spectator was published earlier this afternoon. If you're confused now, wait till you read her story.

"Here's how a wiretap conversation talked about getting rid of Pat Musitano"

Link:

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9304 ... -musitano/

Web Archive link in case you hit a paywall:

https://web.archive.org/save/https://ww ... -musitano/

Excerpt:

In the September 2017 recorded conversation, Dom Violi says the Musitanos were supporting the Cuntreras, who at times are referred to as the "coffee guys." The Cuntrera-Caruana Mafia family is known in the Woodbridge and Toronto areas. The home of Giuseppe Cuntrera, referred to in the court documents as "Big Joe," was targeted with gunshots and fire in the summer of 2017.

Pat and Ang Musitano are referred to in an earlier recorded conversation with the police agent, which is also included in the court file, from Jan. 6, 2016 — more than a year before Angelo's murder. In that conversation, Joe Violi talks about a plan he'd heard about from a hit man to target two people, one in Hamilton and one in Toronto.

Violi tells the police agent he thought the Musitanos and the Cuntreras were behind those plans. But it appears those murders, if there was ever any truth to the plans, never happened.