Visiting New York - Where to Find Wiseguys.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Visiting New York - Where to Find Wiseguys.

Post by gohnjotti »

Fortunato Brothers Bakery was great, good coffee and good pastries. Alleged murderer and Genovese associate Mario ‘the Baker’ Fortunato was there talking to three old men, all of whom speaking Italian. Myself and Mario & Co. were the only people there and they kept staring at me (although maybe it’s because I was staring at them).
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 am Fortunato Brothers Bakery was great, good coffee and good pastries. Alleged murderer and Genovese associate Mario ‘the Baker’ Fortunato was there talking to three old men, all of whom speaking Italian. Myself and Mario & Co. were the only people there and they kept staring at me (although maybe it’s because I was staring at them).
Great stuff mate.

Enjoying your rundowns! 👍👌
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Cheers Sonny.

Had brunch at the Sunset Diner. From the 2013 bust of Nicholas Santora and his Graham Avenue Crew:
“The Sunset Diner in Greenpoint and the Jackson Hole Diner in Queens were favorite meeting spots, a source said.”
Food was pretty good, great atmosphere.

I’m almost convinced I saw Bonanno soldier Paul Spina but it could’ve been any fat guy with a hooked nose.

stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

If you’re still near Williamsburg, Carmine’s Pizza is really good and a couple blocks from where Sonny Black’s Motion Lounge was, where Pistone was undercover.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 am Cheers Sonny.

Had brunch at the Sunset Diner. From the 2013 bust of Nicholas Santora and his Graham Avenue Crew:
“The Sunset Diner in Greenpoint and the Jackson Hole Diner in Queens were favorite meeting spots, a source said.”

I’m almost convinced I saw Bonanno soldier Paul Spina but it could’ve been any fat guy with a hooked nose.
Just curious what country you are visiting us from?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm

He’s from New Zealand.

He’d prefer it if you didn’t laugh.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:47 pm

He’s from New Zealand.

This coming from a bloody Aussie.

But yeah I do have to try Carmine’s Pizza. I remember someone on the forum saying that Franzese was hanging out there after his release from prison. He lived in Greenpoint with his daughter after he got out in 2017.
Don’t worry fellas, I get that I’m not going to see the 102-year-old Colombo underboss whose currently working on a documentary about his life. I may be a tourist but I’m not that ignorant.

I appreciate the surprisingly respectful manner from all you New Yorkers on the forum though. I’m not oblivious to how cringy it is.

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

It’s not that cringy, your getting to experience something that is basically not found in New Zealand. If I were to go to New York I’d be having my eyes out for wiseguys too.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 am Fortunato Brothers Bakery was great, good coffee and good pastries. Alleged murderer and Genovese associate Mario ‘the Baker’ Fortunato was there talking to three old men, all of whom speaking Italian. Myself and Mario & Co. were the only people there and they kept staring at me (although maybe it’s because I was staring at them).
Just don´t ask them what their problem is....
There you have it, never printed before.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:53 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:47 pm

He’s from New Zealand.

This coming from a bloody Aussie.

But yeah I do have to try Carmine’s Pizza. I remember someone on the forum saying that Franzese was hanging out there after his release from prison. He lived in Greenpoint with his daughter after he got out in 2017.
Don’t worry fellas, I get that I’m not going to see the 102-year-old Colombo underboss whose currently working on a documentary about his life. I may be a tourist but I’m not that ignorant.

I appreciate the surprisingly respectful manner from all you New Yorkers on the forum though. I’m not oblivious to how cringy it is.
Try and use that exotic New Zealand Accent around here to get laid .

There’s nothing better than banging a Staten Island Broad named Gina in full leopard print clothes and big hoop earrings.....
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:27 am
Just don´t ask them what their problem is....
[/quote

:lol:
that's funny!! also be sure to look them directly
in the eye when saying it. don't look away at all.
BTW, going to New Zealand is near the top of my
bucket list. The travel shows/docs I have watched
show an amazing country, with lots of wonders to behold.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I’d urge anyone to go to NZ, it really is a beautiful country - warning, spend as little time in Auckland as possible. It’s our largest city and the location of our main international airport and a lot of tourists make the mistake of staying there. No disrespect against Auckland but it’s a stinking shithole full of immigrants from China and India with few redeeming qualities in terms of tourism.

Meanwhile, I got a bagel from Bagels Plus this morning. Seems to be operated by Mexicans despite Vincent Badalsmenti owning it. Then I went to Caffe Italia which was great - decent coffee and full of elderly Sicilian men. There was a back room too where guys in adidas tracksuits and windbreakers were shuffling in and out of.

bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

He's no longer an alleged murderer, not only was his conviction overturned, he sued and get money for a wrongful conviction. The pasties there are the best. I am curious, are you a little surprised at any unexpected expectations of New York, Mafia wise or other? In the other category I am talking about expecting neighborhoods to have a certain demographic and being totally different?
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Gohnjotti, when you were in Astoria, if you had walked 8 blocks west from Polito's Pizza, you would have come to the spot where Joe N. Gallo used to hang out. It was not a social club, but a candy store. It's still there, but Arabs have owned and run it for 35 years, but you could have seen the spot where he stood at for a few of the surveillance photos of him standing were taken. While it is not like seeing him, or anyone, you were only a 5 minute walk away.
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

I am curious which Jackson hole diner they mean. There are two.

One is in Jackson Heights by LaGuardia. It makes sense that they would meet there because it is a quick few exits up from Greenpoint off the BQE. Also makes sense that they would meet there since Santora had ties to the Romanello Genovese crew, who historically ran Jackson Heights.

The other Jackson hole diner is in Bayside. It's directly across the street from tratoria 35 ristorante, where many bonanno gangsters were taped and photographed recently. So that location makes sense too.