Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

santos
Straightened out

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by santos »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 pm The person who whacked Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali lured the Gambino crime boss out of his Staten Island home by smashing into the mobster’s car — and then started shooting at the mobster while he was distracted by a busted license plate, law enforcement sources said Thursday.

SEE ALSO

Neighbors describe hail of bullets that killed Gambino boss Frank Cali
Cali, 53, came out of his Todt Hill house Wednesday night after the shooter and a driver backed his blue pickup into Cali’s silver Cadillac Escalade SUV, according to police.

The crash knocked the Cadillac’s front plate off, and Cali picked it up and went around to the trunk of his car to put the plate inside.

That’s when the trigger man started shooting, sources say.

Cali dropped to the ground and the gunman stood over him firing off shots — while the mafia bigwig tried to seek cover under his vehicle, according to sources.

Cops say Cali was hit at least six times, and 12 shell casings were found at the scene. The gunman eventually fled, and Cali was rushed to Staten Island University Hospital North, where he was declared dead.

The pickup hasn’t been caught on camera crossing any bridges out of Staten Island since, sources say.

“You’ll never see that car again,” said a source. “It’s already the size of a stamp.”

Cali is the first mob boss murdered in the Big Apple since 1985, when then-Gambino boss Paul Castellano was gunned down at Sparks steakhouse in Midtown on the orders of John Gotti.
what a hit
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 pm
Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Chopper wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:03 pm
Cali pausing to close his front door, perhaps out of concern for his family inside, or maybe just to ensure a dog or a cat does not get out. He steps over to the driver of the pickup truck.

The driver is wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap, so his face is not clearly visible as he and Cali speak. Cali reaches into his pants pocket, as if to suggest he had a gun.
Sounds like Cali had his suspisions but went outside anyway.
I wonder if the guy posed as a civilian? Seems weird that Cali would put the other guy's plate in his trunk.
The article states it was his own license plate that had detached, as I read it.
Thanks; we only have one plate down here.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

The more that comes out, The more I think this is Gene and Queens . Gene, Richie, Tommy sneakers, Jack cavalo, Tommy Sassano, Gurinos,Trucchios, Corozzo's, Is its own Huge faction etc etc.. Along with the Bonannos over there, That group goes back a very long time, Overlaps at times and are Gotti loyalists, friends etc going back a very long time and has power, Wealth and respect
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

John W wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:49 pm Look how close Cali’s house is to Paul Castellano’s
Looking at this picture if he backed into the front of his car and the car was facing the driveway not the opposite direction, he probably drove out and made a right on 4 corners road? Cause left is a dead end and straight would of been a long exit all the way past Castellanos house
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

Hard to believe a commission would sanction this hit. More bodies coming is my guess.
santos
Straightened out

Post by santos »

The hitman couldnt have been a zip or someone too italian, It would have made cali too suspicious I think specially infront of his house knowing who he is, Im guessing the hitman was raised in america and local, to look like the regular joe.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

I’m seeing the confusion regarding a brother called Joe who is a made member, they are talking about John Gambino’s brother Joe Gambino
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm The more that comes out, The more I think this is Gene and Queens . Gene, Richie, Tommy sneakers, Jack cavalo, Tommy Sassano, Gurinos,Trucchios, Corozzo's, Is its own Huge faction etc etc.. Along with the Bonannos over there, That group goes back a very long time, Overlaps at times and are Gotti loyalists, friends etc going back a very long time and has power, Wealth and respect
His brother John killed a boss in 1985 unsactioned, when the Mob was at the height of its Power, With a national commission in place and gave no fucks !!! Why cant Gene in 2019....Why not Gene
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Bklyn21 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm The more that comes out, The more I think this is Gene and Queens . Gene, Richie, Tommy sneakers, Jack cavalo, Tommy Sassano, Gurinos,Trucchios, Corozzo's, Is its own Huge faction etc etc.. Along with the Bonannos over there, That group goes back a very long time, Overlaps at times and are Gotti loyalists, friends etc going back a very long time and has power, Wealth and respect
I think it's a serious possibility that it was a power play to over throw the Sicilian regime. And don't forget the Carneglia brothers are out too. Mikey scars said in an interview months ago to not rule out those guys putting something together to take over the family. He said it was unlikely but not an impossible scenario.
Unclejune
Prospect

Post by Unclejune »

CBS evening news mentioned Gene Gotti as a possible suspect.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm
I think it's a serious possibility that it was a power play to over throw the Sicilian regime. And don't forget the Carneglia brothers are out too. Mikey scars said in an interview months ago to not rule out those guys putting something together to take over the family. He said it was unlikely but not an impossible scenario.
Yes, Exactly ! The 5 families are not what they were 20, 30, 40 years ago, Either is Organized Crime ! Its Transnational and no longer based on neighborhood and city and State alliances .
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
glen40
Associate

Post by glen40 »

Right. Unlikely but not impossible. Sure, Gene and Carnegs are getting up there but wtf else are they gonna do? They’re a different breed. Sure it’s nice to be out of the can but can’t expect them to sit and watch Netflix all day.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

I doubt it but if true it wouldn't surprise me if they got Marino onside, Cali and the Sicilians demoted him
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

The Crea’s really need this kind of heat with mob murder back in the headlines and the public eye not long before they go to trial