Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by stevan tod »

Jesus christ! This is huge.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Camo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:36 am
eboli wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 am So he was retrieving something from the back of his SUV on the street when it happened, right? I doubt he was expecting it then, otherwise he would've never been so careless hanging in front of his house like that.
It was at like 10PM, i'm guessing they'd just got home from somewhere because his family was there and the pickup truck must have followed them there.
I've read he was at home and told his wife he has to talk to somebody or make a call outside. Either way if someone told me ten years ago Sal Montagna and Frank Cali will be gone in the next decade in old school gangland shootings I would've never believed it.
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

"A panicked family member called 911, telling a dispatcher Cali was run over before he was shot".

Brutal. The fact that he was ran over before shot....
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Going outside of his own free will to talk to someone certainly smells like a set-up.
If Cali is responsible for the $77 million NJ bust AND if the rumours are true that he fell out of favour and got knocked down after cheating on his wife AND we keep in mind that mentor John Gambino isn't around anymore to protect him... Well, I'll just say that looks like more of a motivation to kill someone than Gene Gotti wanting to act like a Gotti
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

Here is a recent photo of him.. Almost didn't recognize him with all the old pictures they have been showing on the news
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil74
Prospect

Post by phil74 »

Wow huge news for mafia watchers. So much for these guys don’t kill each other anymore. I think 3 real possibilities exist for why this happened.

1. It was an internal hit by the gambinos. If this is the case, we may bodies dropping as it may be an unsanctioned hit. If it was was sanctioned it leads me to

2. It was a sanctioned hit approved by other family heads to move him out. There could of been a concerted effort by the heads of the other families

3. This was a move by an outside organization like the Sicilians, Ndrangheta or maybe even Albanians

My guess is it’s an internal move that was maybe wasn’t sanctioned . But I don’t discount the possibility that it was the Sicilians seeing he has huge ties to them internationally. Maybe they are working with some Gambinos to move him out. I highly doubt it would of been openly sanctioned by the other families. Who wants that scrutiny when everything’s running well by all accounts? I highly highly doubt that it’s an outside unaffiliated organization like the Albanians, black gangs, or a drug cartel. Even in this day and age, no one is as organized as the five families. This was a mafia hit, only question is who benefits from it
handy
Associate

Post by handy »

MoLarryCurly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 pm Two days after a 70 million dollar seizure.

If it was over this - its a very very fast response. Which makes me doubt it.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

moneyman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:27 am I doubt running over his head was intentional. Someone on that block has to have security cameras that picked up a license plate or photo of the hitman. I wonder if black guys were involved like the Zotolla hit.
he was lying on the street with his head facing and next to his suv. this means his legs or torso were run over when the shooter sped off. that's my take on how it read
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

phil74 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:13 am Wow huge news for mafia watchers. So much for these guys don’t kill each other anymore. I think 3 real possibilities exist for why this happened.

1. It was an internal hit by the gambinos. If this is the case, we may bodies dropping as it may be an unsanctioned hit. If it was was sanctioned it leads me to

2. It was a sanctioned hit approved by other family heads to move him out. There could of been a concerted effort by the heads of the other families

3. This was a move by an outside organization like the Sicilians, Ndrangheta or maybe even Albanians

My guess is it’s an internal move that was maybe wasn’t sanctioned . But I don’t discount the possibility that it was the Sicilians seeing he has huge ties to them internationally. Maybe they are working with some Gambinos to move him out. I highly doubt it would of been openly sanctioned by the other families. Who wants that scrutiny when everything’s running well by all accounts? I highly highly doubt that it’s an outside unaffiliated organization like the Albanians, black gangs, or a drug cartel. Even in this day and age, no one is as organized as the five families. This was a mafia hit, only question is who benefits from it
If it's a Gambino internal affair the guy who did it must be insane. This made international news. The family will get smothered by the feds. That's why Gene's name being floated around sort of makes sense, despite the low probability of him having anything to do with it or with lcn in general after his release. I seriously doubt it's another organized crime group without an okay from New York. The last time someone openly challenged The Five Families it was the albanians and the Lucchese were gearing to wipe them out before the feds beat them to the punch.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

If Cali was boss then what role does Dom Cefalu play in the family, we need to wait and see if there is confirmation that he was actually the boss and not the underboss, don't get me wrong this is still the biggest hit in over 3 decades.

We also have to consider that at least 2 people were at the scene of the hit, the gunman and possibly a driver who ran him over.

Things to consider
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

With modern technology, any cameras nearby maybe capturing the truck or participants, even house cameras?
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

John W wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:28 am If Cali was boss then what role does Dom Cefalu play in the family, we need to wait and see if there is confirmation that he was actually the boss and not the underboss, don't get me wrong this is still the biggest hit in over 3 decades.

We also have to consider that at least 2 people were at the scene of the hit, the gunman and possibly a driver who ran him over.

Things to consider
I was under the impression Dom was boss, officially "acting boss" since Peter Gotti is still the boss in name, and Frank was his street boss. I could totally be wrong but that's how I understood it.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

maninblack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 am Here is a recent photo of him.. Almost didn't recognize him with all the old pictures they have been showing on the news
Jesus, he aged a lot in the last 10 years.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

That can't be a pic of him, the nose seems too large.. unless he had some sort of infection or something like that
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I believe back in 2015 Frank Cali was supposed to have taken over for a recently stepped down Cefalu or was it Cefalu stepped down for the golden boy Frank Cali. Then it came out that it wasn't correct and Cefalu still had the title. I haven't followed it until now, where I'm seeing him floated as boss.

I'm just as confused.