Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Moscone65 »

Beef with Canadians/ Italian over cocaine and the ports? Could be Cali had something to do with the coke being seized? Other families bosses gave approval (especially since old school guys like persico are gone), and they whacked him.
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

Tom Kaminski
‏@TomKaminskiWCBS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Does Frank have any relatives or in-laws around? Known loyalists?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Speechless. Wow!
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

When I opened the NY Post app on my phone at 430 this morning in my kitchen I didn't even read the article just came straight here and 8 pages already!!! This is going to get very interesting.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Great aerial video of Cali’s 1.7 million dollar home

https://youtu.be/Ixd19qPR5mc
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

on the Sicily note.....

I wondered if there was anything to Leandro Greco and Calogero LoPiccolo taking over Palermo, and if it affected the relationship with NY, but I dont know shit...

It's too much speculation with no info right now to say anything......

3 possibilities right?

1. An internal power struggle-play. Question would be, Who? And, why Now?

2. An external hit, outside the family. Either another NY family, or some other element.

3. Personal beef; Imo, it would still have to have been another mobster/ crime figure to actually up and do it.

The timing is the most curious thing, so much has happened recently, but it could just as easily be something from the past I guess....
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

God damn what a way to start the day. Too many thoughts rushing through my
mind. Look how many members are logged on at the bottom of the screen.
That is a record! lol Looks like things are finally picking up around here. The
Italy newspaper article will hold the key IMO.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Also, who ever said Mannino.... very good call....
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

I doubt running over his head was intentional. Someone on that block has to have security cameras that picked up a license plate or photo of the hitman. I wonder if black guys were involved like the Zotolla hit.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Strange that his SUV has NJ plates.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

So he was retrieving something from the back of his SUV on the street when it happened, right? I doubt he was expecting it then, otherwise he would've never been so careless hanging in front of his house like that.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 am Also, who ever said Mannino.... very good call....
People are saying John Gambino was protecting Cali, wasn't Mannino very close to John as well? I would've guessed even by osmosis Cali and Mannino would be too. Who knows though, relationships in that world can change so fast. Personally i'd just imagine if it was an internal Gambino beef for it to have been someone outside that group. If it was the Sicillians/Canadians, Mannino or Cefalu or whoever is in charge could've okayed it though. Who the hell knows.

Man, the early days after a bust are annoying enough waiting for info, this is torturous haha.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

eboli wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 am So he was retrieving something from the back of his SUV on the street when it happened, right? I doubt he was expecting it then, otherwise he would've never been so careless hanging in front of his house like that.
It was at like 10PM, i'm guessing they'd just got home from somewhere because his family was there and the pickup truck must have followed them there.
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

Since Cali was sitting down eating dinner with his family and told his wife he had to go out and talk to someone for a second maybe it was someone furious with the $77 million cocaine seizure and in the heat of an argument killed him. I remember reading a while ago he used his Import/Export companies to transport cocaine to Italy.. I think one of the companies was called Bontel something .. Anyway in response to his SUV having Jersey plates I also remember reading he drove cars registered to his food export business and when Gianni Nicchi came over in 2003 to talk about a drug shipment with him he drove around in a car registered to one of Cali's companies.. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Canada is somehow involved through that drug shipment.. Everytime we read about a guy getting killed in Canada they always catch the guy outside of their house