Balkan Warlord 1990's

Discuss and debate all wars in here, from WW1 to desert storm. And all other wars that have ever been fought.

Moderator: Villain

Post Reply
User avatar
Villain
Full Patched
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Villain » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Documentary Targeted: Arkan (2004) (in addition, a lot of stories told by western people, years later or after 2004 came out to be untrue)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HmD-1fPBhE&t=1803s


Arkan interview in Dec. 23, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq3kaOBTLUE


Arkan's speech in 1992

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJK2qqJRB0Y


Arkan being accused of war crimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQ3CCUIoAQ


Serbs recapture the city of Kljuc in 1995 with the help of Arkan's forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tkOna_13E


Arkan with Muslim prisoners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gRmLoeziE4


Arkan's group in Bosnia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd2izXt0IRg


A song which was made regarding Arkan's tigers for greater fighting moral at the time. Also so you wont get confused, "Delije" is a football fan club which at the time was the main recruitment "center" for Arkan's unit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F8SOyXqsG8


Arkan's wedding in 1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps9I5_dVTns


Arkan "The Terrible"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M5ELxedHnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNPj-PGMa0


Message from Arkan to former president Bill Clinton while showing a piece from a destroyed U.S. stealth plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImdaK-AdjSc


Arkan's interview in 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WeYBRm6Wcc


Ranko Momic - Former member of Arkan's Serbian Volunteer Guard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0xhcEqoZQ


Arkan's funeral and memorial, he was killed "gangster style"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-sfc_ZRj_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuL_5CHQGJk


Two quite funny videos of Arkan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHjf8sElG4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTKpfbG8yvc

And I have to repeat this again that a lot of stories told by some of the western administrations, except for the stealing stuff and killing civilians during war age from time to time for showing fear, years later or after 2004 came out to be untrue
Last edited by Villain on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Free will,it is a bitch!

User avatar
Villain
Full Patched
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Villain » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 am

In addition, during his high rise, Arkan was closely connected to the criminal organizations from the Italian underworld, including the Camorra, and the Albanian Mafia and this was also one of the conflicts which created the birth of the infamous Kosovo's Mob syndicate which is also closely connected to the Albanian clans, but above all to the old Clinton administration, which was strongly established by the year of 2000. Our board member Strax can add more to this story....
Free will,it is a bitch!

Slava
Honorary Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Slava » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 am

The most important thing for Arkan were his connections with the communist regime back in the 70s and the 80s. The communist Yugoslav secret service UDBA (their version of KGB) had contacts with Arkan and other Serb/Yugoslav criminals operating in Western Europe and they helped them and supported them.

The mentality of the communist regime was that the best way to deal with local criminal thugs like Arkan is to just send them abroad. This way they wouldn't cause trouble at home but at the same time the Yugoslav secret services could still use them to perform dirty work for them in the enemy Western countries. These Yugoslav criminals would then perform assassinations and kidnappings if the Yugoslav communist regime wanted. They targeted dissidents and anti-communist emigres living abroad.

A lot of these criminals were troubled kids who came from reputable communist families. Arkan in particular came from a prominent communist partisan family and his father had a lot of important connections in the communist regime. His father's friend was Stane Dolanc, one of the most powerful communists in Yugoslavia who would protect Arkan.

The communist regime fell with the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989 and then the country of Yugoslavia collapsed and was replaced by new independent states, but the old communist structures still kept a lot of power, especially in the secret services. That's why Arkan still had those connections in the 90s and became an imporant figure in the new Serb power structure until they eventually assassinated him.

User avatar
Villain
Full Patched
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Villain » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 am

Slava wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:41 am
The most important thing for Arkan were his connections with the communist regime back in the 70s and the 80s. The communist Yugoslav secret service UDBA (their version of KGB) had contacts with Arkan and other Serb/Yugoslav criminals operating in Western Europe and they helped them and supported them.

The mentality of the communist regime was that the best way to deal with local criminal thugs like Arkan is to just send them abroad. This way they wouldn't cause trouble at home but at the same time the Yugoslav secret services could still use them to perform dirty work for them in the enemy Western countries. These Yugoslav criminals would then perform assassinations and kidnappings if the Yugoslav communist regime wanted. They targeted dissidents and anti-communist emigres living abroad.

A lot of these criminals were troubled kids who came from reputable communist families. Arkan in particular came from a prominent communist partisan family and his father had a lot of important connections in the communist regime. His father's friend was Stane Dolanc, one of the most powerful communists in Yugoslavia who would protect Arkan.

The communist regime fell with the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989 and then the country of Yugoslavia collapsed and was replaced by new independent states, but the old communist structures still kept a lot of power, especially in the secret services. That's why Arkan still had those connections in the 90s and became an imporant figure in the new Serb power structure until they eventually assassinated him.
It was the biggest robbery of mankind on the Balkans during the whole 20th century, or in other words it was the scheme of the century. During the 1980's a lot of separatists occurred everywhere and so the old secret service decided to form its own paramilitary forces, headed by people like Arkan on the Serbian side and also people like Naser Oric who headed the Bosnian paramilitary troops. These were the people who turned brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor by creating highly trained killers, and while everyone were killing each other, guys like Arkan sold bullets and all kinds of weapons to all warring factions so they can keep the war going and they also did a lot burglaries and ethnic cleansing. Another example would be Srebrenica, which was a pure setup or the bombing on the bazaar in Sarajevo, Bosnia; which later came out that the Bosnian government orchestrated the attack by itself so they can start a conflict and the list goes on...
Free will,it is a bitch!

Slava
Honorary Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Slava » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:54 am

Villain wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 am
It was the biggest robbery of mankind on the Balkans during the whole 20th century, or in other words it was the scheme of the century. During the 1980's a lot of separatists occurred everywhere and so the old secret service decided to form its own paramilitary forces, headed by people like Arkan on the Serbian side and also people like Naser Oric who headed the Bosnian paramilitary troops. These were the people who turned brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor by creating highly trained killers, and while everyone were killing each other, guys like Arkan sold bullets and all kinds of weapons to all warring factions so they can keep the war going and they also did a lot burglaries and ethnic cleansing. Another example would be Srebrenica, which was a pure setup or the bombing on the bazaar in Sarajevo, Bosnia; which later came out that the Bosnian government orchestrated the attack by itself so they can start a conflict and the list goes on...
The seeds for the conflict were planted already in WWII and before that. There was a lot of tension between the Yugoslav nations during the entire 1945-1990 era. It only errupted when communism fell because of the circumstances and obviously a lot of people used it to their advantage, but it was always there (unfortunately).

It was a very complex situation, especially in Bosnia where the bulk of the conflict and bloodshed took place. Historically, a lot of worldpowers meddled into Balkan/"Yugoslav" affairs and used one Slavic nation against the other. What happened in the 90s was no different.

I think WWII was the ultimate disaster for Yugoslavia though.

User avatar
Villain
Full Patched
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Villain » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 am

Slava wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:54 am
Villain wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 am
It was the biggest robbery of mankind on the Balkans during the whole 20th century, or in other words it was the scheme of the century. During the 1980's a lot of separatists occurred everywhere and so the old secret service decided to form its own paramilitary forces, headed by people like Arkan on the Serbian side and also people like Naser Oric who headed the Bosnian paramilitary troops. These were the people who turned brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor by creating highly trained killers, and while everyone were killing each other, guys like Arkan sold bullets and all kinds of weapons to all warring factions so they can keep the war going and they also did a lot burglaries and ethnic cleansing. Another example would be Srebrenica, which was a pure setup or the bombing on the bazaar in Sarajevo, Bosnia; which later came out that the Bosnian government orchestrated the attack by itself so they can start a conflict and the list goes on...
The seeds for the conflict were planted already in WWII and before that. There was a lot of tension between the Yugoslav nations during the entire 1945-1990 era. It only errupted when communism fell because of the circumstances and obviously a lot of people used it to their advantage, but it was always there (unfortunately).

It was a very complex situation, especially in Bosnia where the bulk of the conflict and bloodshed took place. Historically, a lot of worldpowers meddled into Balkan/"Yugoslav" affairs and used one Slavic nation against the other. What happened in the 90s was no different.

I think WWII was the ultimate disaster for Yugoslavia though.
You're absolutely right since there was always some kind of hidden hatred between the people and the problem is that Tito failed to exterminate the separatist slime
Free will,it is a bitch!

Slava
Honorary Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Slava » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 am

Villain wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 am
You're absolutely right since there was always some kind of hidden hatred between the people and the problem is that Tito failed to exterminate the separatist slime
In some way Tito enabled the basis for separatism (even though it wasn't his goal) because under his regime the borders of the federal republics were drawn, based on the ethno-national lines. These federal republics would then claim independence in the 90s and cited the 1974 constitution which gave them the right of self-determination, including the right to secession.

The communists thought that those rights would remain on paper only and would never be relevant since they believed their system is going to last, but after Tito died it started to fall apart and then ultimately fell apart shortly after the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989.

The pre-communist Kingdom of Yugoslavia (1918-1941) followed a unitarian approach and wanted to create a more unified Yugoslav nation and for the most part the country was divided into arbitrary "banovinas", which generally weren't based on the ethno-national borders (the exception being the Drava banovina which basically covered the entire Slovenian territory):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... fr.svg.png

This is what the communists created under Tito's rule:

http://www.icty.org/x/image/ABOUTimager ... sml_en.png

And this is how the country ultimately split and by 2017, the Balkans look like this:

http://www.caingram.info/Balkans/Pix/Balkans-map-4.jpg

User avatar
Villain
Full Patched
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Villain » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 am

Slava wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 am
Villain wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 am
You're absolutely right since there was always some kind of hidden hatred between the people and the problem is that Tito failed to exterminate the separatist slime
In some way Tito enabled the basis for separatism (even though it wasn't his goal) because under his regime the borders of the federal republics were drawn, based on the ethno-national lines. These federal republics would then claim independence in the 90s and cited the 1974 constitution which gave them the right of self-determination, including the right to secession.

The communists thought that those rights would remain on paper only and would never be relevant since they believed their system is going to last, but after Tito died it started to fall apart and then ultimately fell apart shortly after the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989.

The pre-communist Kingdom of Yugoslavia (1918-1941) followed a unitarian approach and wanted to create a more unified Yugoslav nation and for the most part the country was divided into arbitrary "banovinas", which generally weren't based on the ethno-national borders (the exception being the Drava banovina which basically covered the entire Slovenian territory):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... fr.svg.png

This is what the communists created under Tito's rule:

http://www.icty.org/x/image/ABOUTimager ... sml_en.png

And this is how the country ultimately split and by 2017, the Balkans look like this:

http://www.caingram.info/Balkans/Pix/Balkans-map-4.jpg
Thanks for the additional links Slava and I think that we can form a final conclusion which can be backed by the latest CIA documents regarding Yugoslavia before and after Tito's death, that they, meaning the CIA, were behind it and obvious proof for that was Jovica Stanisic.
Free will,it is a bitch!

Slava
Honorary Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:43 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Slava » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Villain wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 am
Thanks for the additional links Slava and I think that we can form a final conclusion which can be backed by the latest CIA documents regarding Yugoslavia before and after Tito's death, that they, meaning the CIA, were behind it and obvious proof for that was Jovica Stanisic.
All kinds of people were behind it. The history of the Yugoslavia (1918-1990) is very complex. I'll write about it more later.

Btw, this is a really popular Serbian gangsta rap song about an imaginary criminal, a lot of it is based on Arkan's story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dKuC_G5zk

Here's the English translation of the lyrics: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/svedok-witness.html

It's a really cool song, love the beat and everything, and Serbian is a language that can really sound "tough" and "gangsta" so it's good for rap music.

To be honest for me this is still the best song about organized crime I ever heard. Powerful stuff.

The story in the song is inspired by the stories of real life Serbian criminals of the 80s, 90s and 00s put into one imaginary gangster who migrated to Western Europe in the 80s, did a lot of dirty work for the secret services, went back to his country in the 90s, participated in the war, came back to his country to grab a lot of wealth and then turned state witness. Every single bit of it is based on real stories of Serbian mobsters.

Like I said, there's a lot of stuff from the real Arkan's story here but also from other guys like Ljuba Zemunac, Goran "The Monkey" Vuković...

User avatar
Villain
Full Patched
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 am

Re: Balkan Warlord 1990's

Post by Villain » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Slava wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:05 pm
Villain wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 am
Thanks for the additional links Slava and I think that we can form a final conclusion which can be backed by the latest CIA documents regarding Yugoslavia before and after Tito's death, that they, meaning the CIA, were behind it and obvious proof for that was Jovica Stanisic.
All kinds of people were behind it. The history of the Yugoslavia (1918-1990) is very complex. I'll write about it more later.

Btw, this is a really popular Serbian gangsta rap song about an imaginary criminal, a lot of it is based on Arkan's story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dKuC_G5zk

Here's the English translation of the lyrics: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/svedok-witness.html

It's a really cool song, love the beat and everything, and Serbian is a language that can really sound "tough" and "gangsta" so it's good for rap music.

To be honest for me this is still the best song about organized crime I ever heard. Powerful stuff.

The story in the song is inspired by the stories of real life Serbian criminals of the 80s, 90s and 00s put into one imaginary gangster who migrated to Western Europe in the 80s, did a lot of dirty work for the secret services, went back to his country in the 90s, participated in the war, came back to his country to grab a lot of wealth and then turned state witness. Every single bit of it is based on real stories of Serbian mobsters.

Like I said, there's a lot of stuff from the real Arkan's story here but also from other guys like Ljuba Zemunac, Goran "The Monkey" Vuković...
Yeah i know that song since it came out for the first time and i used to listen to BG Sindikat even before that like my personal favorite Alal Vera :) in addition, you can also add Chume to the list since the song is called svedok aka witness or informant and btw that's a Macedonian bagpipe or gajda :mrgreen:
Free will,it is a bitch!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest