Forum Search

Please let us know what you think. All comments, questions, and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply
User avatar
JerryB
Honorary Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 am
Location: Milwaukee and Los Angeles

Forum Search

Post by JerryB » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:29 pm

The forum search function seems to have a glitch. (i.e., search.php)

Earlier, I tried searching for the name "Gennaro Bruno" to find the article posted yesterday. The search returned with this error message:
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: gennaro bruno.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."
I got the same type of messages on other searches, as well.
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

User avatar
Soliai
Admin
Posts: 956
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: Forum Search

Post by Soliai » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:31 pm

JerryB wrote:The forum search function seems to have a glitch. (i.e., search.php)

Earlier, I tried searching for the name "Gennaro Bruno" to find the article posted yesterday. The search returned with this error message:
"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: gennaro bruno.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."
I got the same type of messages on other searches, as well.
Fixed, thanks for bring it to my attention Jerry B.......Soliai

Stroccos
Full Patched
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:23 am

Re: Forum Search

Post by Stroccos » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Same thing happen to me when I searched Cleveland

User avatar
Five Felonies
Full Patched
Posts: 1581
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Forum Search

Post by Five Felonies » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Stroccos wrote:Same thing happen to me when I searched Cleveland
forum search functions are usually pretty iffy at best, try something a bit more specific.

example: "mayfield"

User avatar
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 am

Re: Forum Search

Post by HairyKnuckles » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:56 am

Five Felonies wrote:
Stroccos wrote:Same thing happen to me when I searched Cleveland
forum search functions are usually pretty iffy at best, try something a bit more specific....
....like James Smith. :mrgreen:
The more I learn, the more I become aware of my ignorance

InCamelot
Honorary Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Forum Search

Post by InCamelot » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

I just wanted to clarify, because a good number of topics I'm interested in are "too general" as well.

Is there any way around this? Would the heavy researchers on here be able to suggest a way to actually find the previous posts about a certain topic? That way I'm not starting topics that are rehashing covered topics? Let's say I'm trying to search "Vito Genovese" for example.

Thank you!

User avatar
JerryB
Honorary Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 am
Location: Milwaukee and Los Angeles

Re: Forum Search

Post by JerryB » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:45 pm

InCamelot wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm
I just wanted to clarify, because a good number of topics I'm interested in are "too general" as well.

Is there any way around this? Would the heavy researchers on here be able to suggest a way to actually find the previous posts about a certain topic? That way I'm not starting topics that are rehashing covered topics? Let's say I'm trying to search "Vito Genovese" for example.

Thank you!
Yep. Most short name or word searches are coming back with an error message, similar to what I referred to a few years ago in this thread; i.e., "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: gennaro bruno."
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests