Carlo Caputo book

Discuss and talk about books of all kind. O.C articles are to remain in the Black Hand Article forum.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Carlo Caputo book

Post by Snakes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:45 am

MF is a pro-open government website. A lot of files involving top LCN guys and the LCN in general were handed over to the National Archives by the FBI as part of the JFK Assassination collection. MF took these files and had them uploaded to the website, so they can be viewed there as opposed to traveling to DC to view them in the National Archives.

cavita
Honorary Member

Post by cavita » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 am

I have to wonder if illegal activities were going on in Madison with help or oversight from other families. I was relooking over my FBI files (specifically Sebastian Gulotta's) and found in 1963 the FBI noted that Gulotta was placing calls from his bookmaking establishment at the West End Smoke Shop in Rockford to the Bridge Lounge in Madison. Additionally, a police source stated that Gulotta and another individual in 1971 were engaged in large stake poker games in Madison. Gulotta and others were seen at the Hotel Lauren in downtown Madison and they were present at large stakes poker games floating between the hotel and a nearby motel. Perhaps gambling was held in Madison with the aid of other families and tributes were paid?

sdeitche
Honorary Member

Post by sdeitche » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:35 am

Antiliar wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 pm
I spoke with Tommy Caputo and he said that for now the book is only available as a print on demand, but he's going to release it on Amazon Kindle as an ebook in about a month or so. Before I called him I listened to his podcast. Some (or a lot) of what he said sounded confused, so I imagine the book is going to be like that too. Readers will have to separate the truth from the guesses and exaggerations.
I believe on the podcast he said the book is a blending of fiction and fact?

SonnyBlackstein
Full Patched

Post by SonnyBlackstein » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:29 pm

Thanks Pogo and Snakes.
Interesting.

(I actually googled her after posting, surprised the hell out of me, should've reposted)

Antiliar
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Antiliar » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:51 pm

sdeitche wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:35 am
Antiliar wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:27 pm
I spoke with Tommy Caputo and he said that for now the book is only available as a print on demand, but he's going to release it on Amazon Kindle as an ebook in about a month or so. Before I called him I listened to his podcast. Some (or a lot) of what he said sounded confused, so I imagine the book is going to be like that too. Readers will have to separate the truth from the guesses and exaggerations.
I believe on the podcast he said the book is a blending of fiction and fact?
He said something like that over the phone too. He added that he's thinking about separating the novel part into one book and the "law enforcement" section into another.

BeatiPaoli
Honorary Member

Post by BeatiPaoli » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:17 pm

To AntiLiar: When I listened to the podcast, Tom Caputo said he had a section of the book as a fiction, with a fictional Don which "could or could not" be interpreted as a composite of his father.

Regards,
BeatiPaoli

Carlo
Straightened out

Post by Carlo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:50 am

whatever happened to this book?

SILENT PARTNERZ
Straightened out

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am

Dwalin2014 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm
Honestly: if no hits were registered in Madison under Caputo, extortion probably wasn't practiced either (at least in the descriptions available it's said that his neighbors considered him suspicious because of being too quiet and secretive, but not for fear or authority, they wouldn't say so if he demanded protection money; although this is just my speculation). So, apart from the tax evasion he did a month for, is it possible that his "Mafia family" was such in name only, but didn't conduct any illegal activity at all? Sounds unlikely and absurd, but if no information emerges at all, not even on the level of rumors and gossip, could it be the case? This would be really funny: a Mafia family which doesn't get prosecuted NOT because the crimes can't be proven, but because there are no crimes! :o A "legal" mafia in the literal sense of the word, a contradiction of the concept itself in a way :lol:
Could have had a small shop/café/bar where they operated
out of in order to book bets and made some juice loans.
They must have up to something. If not, what's the point?

SILENT PARTNERZ
Straightened out

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:39 am
Who was Mary Ferrell and why are her files so extensive and trustworthy?

Cheers
Here you go Sonny:

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Main_Page.html

Mary Ferrell used FOIA requests to obtain 302's & other info from
the FBI. SP

SonnyBlackstein
Full Patched

Post by SonnyBlackstein » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 pm

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:39 am
Who was Mary Ferrell and why are her files so extensive and trustworthy?

Cheers
Here you go Sonny:

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Main_Page.html

Mary Ferrell used FOIA requests to obtain 302's & other info from
the FBI. SP
Thanks SP 🙂