Manhattan Mafia Guide: Hits, Homes & Headquarters by Eric Ferrara

Discuss and talk about books of all kind. O.C articles are to remain in the Black Hand Article forum.

Moderator: Capos

Raven
Honorary Member

Manhattan Mafia Guide: Hits, Homes & Headquarters by Eric Ferrara

Post by Raven » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Anyone ever read Manhattan Mafia Guide: Hits, Homes & Headquarters by Eric Ferrara? I got a gift card for amazon for xmas and am thinking about ordering it.

https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Mafia- ... 1609493060

willychichi
Full Patched

Re: Manhattan Mafia Guide: Hits, Homes & Headquarters by Eric Ferrara

Post by willychichi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Raven wrote:Anyone ever read Manhattan Mafia Guide: Hits, Homes & Headquarters by Eric Ferrara? I got a gift card for amazon for xmas and am thinking about ordering it.

https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Mafia- ... 1609493060
Thanks for the link Raven.
“When an Italian immigrant only has a wheelbarrow and shovel to make a living, he is called a guinea or a wop. After he works hard and saves his money and begins to prosper and buys a dump truck, he is called the Mafia.” Bob Buccino

AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

A couple of us know Eric from another forum. He knows his stuff about the Lower East Side. He had his own OC forum called MOAGNYC. Last time I heard from him, he was involved in helping with a film. I want to say it was The Great Gatsby but I cannot remember. But he definitely is into the history of the LES, the Bowery, etc.
Get a sample of the book on kindle first. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Raven
Honorary Member

Post by Raven » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:17 pm

That is pretty cool that some of you guys know him. I looked at a few pages on google book preview tonight and it looks interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Raven wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:17 pm
That is pretty cool that some of you guys know him. I looked at a few pages on google book preview tonight and it looks interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

Raven, I thought that Eric F himself ran his site. HK and I were on it. And that Bitterqueen writer guy who at the time was very nice, went by the user name Friend of Ours, was on it also. But, now that I think about it, there's no proof that I can give that it was actually him. He and I emailed each other a few times. And like I said I was supposed to meet him in NY. But, he was busy working on some film or something. Then, he told me next time I'm in the city that I should look him up and we'll have coffee or something. So, the next time I go I'm really going to show up in person and see if he really knows who I am lmao. Wouldn't that be such a burn on me and fuckin hysterical if he says who the fuck are you? :mrgreen:

Raven
Honorary Member

Post by Raven » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:57 pm

It is a pretty good book. I wonder if he still has a website? I wanted to ask him about something from the book.

Be careful meeting anyone from online in person. A lot of people aren't who they claim to be.

I just got a book called Joey about Joey Gallo written by an author named Goddard. Haven't read it yet but I am looking forward to it.

AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 am

Raven wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:57 pm
It is a pretty good book. I wonder if he still has a website? I wanted to ask him about something from the book.

Be careful meeting anyone from online in person. A lot of people aren't who they claim to be.

I just got a book called Joey about Joey Gallo written by an author named Goddard. Haven't read it yet but I am looking forward to it.

I think there is a lower east side website. Maybe he runs it , I don't know. Look online to see if you can comment or email him.

Yes, Raven. I agree. If I could meet Eric then I'd be in the part of NY, well you know how it is in the village. :lol: Ppl would be afraid of ME. I'd be around the ppl I make fun of ha ha.

Joey Joey Joey Gallo. Hope it's a good book.

AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:30 pm

I found one of the emails from him. So, maybe that's his number and website. Try it, who knows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Raven
Honorary Member

Post by Raven » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Cool. I will check it out. Thanks AG.