New book about Chin

Discuss and talk about books of all kind. O.C articles are to remain in the Black Hand Article forum.

Moderator: Capos

Jim505
Straightened out

Re: New book about Chin

Post by Jim505 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Just got it too.

Wiseguy
Full Patched

Post by Wiseguy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:37 pm

There are a handful of obvious mistakes here and there but the book overall isn't bad. With a guy like Chin, and the crime family he headed, there isn't going to be any big revelations. What relatively little information there is is already well known.
"A man like Tywin Lannister comes along once in a thousand years."

UTC
Honorary Member

Post by UTC » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Went berserk reading new books lately--Last Big Heist, Evil Life, The History of the Mahoning Valley Mafia, Into the Heart of the Mafia, Colombo, Bummy Davis v Murder, Inc., Business or Blood, Milwaukee Mafia: Mobsters in the Heartland, some book by a Gallo associate I can't remember, some San Francisco thing I can't think of, some book by Bompensiero's nephew, and re-read To Drop A Dime.

UTC
Honorary Member

Post by UTC » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:41 pm

some were virtually unreadable.

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 pm

Could the Gallo book be "President Street Boys: Growing Up Mafia" by Frank DiMatteo, formerly published as "Lion in The Basement"?

AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 pm
Could the Gallo book be "President Street Boys: Growing Up Mafia" by Frank DiMatteo, formerly published as "Lion in The Basement"?

You know that the author of that book is a wannabe wise guy, right?

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

AG777 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:

Yea, supposedly grew up around the younger crowd of the Gallo crew, those whom all ended up being transferred elsewhere or murdered. His dad Ritchie "The Silverfox" DiMatteo was a legit character though apart of the Gallo bunch supposedly. And was supposedly made into the DeCavalcantes in the end. I don't know how true that is, but there is a photo of him (the dad) and Anthony Rotundo where they're sitting at a table and Rotundo appears to be listening intently on whatever is being told to him, could've been a story about horses, but who knows. The photo is in the book and the DeCalvacante photo thread, but Ritchie isn't identified in the photo posted on this forum, but he is in the book.

Either way, I was just asking if that was the book he was referring to that was written by the Gallo associate.

AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm
AG777 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:43 pm
OlBlueEyesClub wrote:

Yea, supposedly grew up around the younger crowd of the Gallo crew, those whom all ended up being transferred elsewhere or murdered. His dad Ritchie "The Silverfox" DiMatteo was a legit character though apart of the Gallo bunch supposedly. And was supposedly made into the DeCavalcantes in the end. I don't know how true that is, but there is a photo of him (the dad) and Anthony Rotundo where they're sitting at a table and Rotundo appears to be listening intently on whatever is being told to him, could've been a story about horses, but who knows. The photo is in the book and the DeCalvacante photo thread, but Ritchie isn't identified in the photo posted on this forum, but he is in the book.

Either way, I was just asking if that was the book he was referring to that was written by the Gallo associate.
Ok, just be careful in believing what you read, that's all I'm saying.

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 am

That, I have become especially wary of over the years, lol. Thanks for the advice though AG, truly.

Jim505
Straightened out

Post by Jim505 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 pm

I actually would recommend this book. I wonder if Louis was a considered an associate? Didn't realize until I read this book that the Chin's act actually paid off for years.