Discuss all sports in here.

Moderator: willychichi

Wiseguy
Full Patched

Re: College Football 2017

Post by Wiseguy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 am

Confederate wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Oh I agree 100%. In fact, like I stated earlier, Nick Saben suggested a 12 team playoff system in July of 2017 but nobody listened.
A playoff system is only fair and legit if every team in the nation, regardless of conference, has an actual chance to make the playoffs if it does what it's supposed to do on the field. Under the current system, the playoffs are effectively closed to all non-P5 teams no matter how good they are. And, especially with an only 4 team playoff, it's effectively closed to a lot of P5 teams too. The P5-lites.
"A man like Tywin Lannister comes along once in a thousand years."

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:50 pm

UCF is a damn joke, if auBARN had been healthy and actually cared about the game, they would stomped UCF. And I agree, let UCF play in a big conference and then we can talk. When a team's toughest game is Memphis, well then yea it's a complete joke!

UCF can whine about a home and home with Bama all they want, but it ain't happening! Why in the hell would be go to Orlando to play a UCF team that sucks in a stadium that fits what? 30k? 40k? Go to Orlando when some big city wants a huge neutral site game? We would be STUPID to do so.

And once again, ROLL TIDE!
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Saban was also the ONLY SEC head coach to vote FOR a 9 game conference schedule. It was voted down 13-1 last year. It's not like we run from anyone. We have proven we are the best because we have beaten the best. Any different is just a bunch of excuses
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....

Wiseguy
Full Patched

Post by Wiseguy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:01 pm

dixiemafia wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:50 pm
UCF is a damn joke, if auBARN had been healthy and actually cared about the game, they would stomped UCF.
Same lame excuses I see from every P5 team fan when a P5 loses to a G5.

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:24 pm

If you knew how things work in these big conferences then you would know. To go from playing for a title to playing a no name in the Peach Bowl? Yea I'd say auBARN was on the top of their game alright... :lol: :lol:

Wiseguy
Full Patched

Post by Wiseguy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:31 pm

dixiemafia wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:24 pm
If you knew how things work in these big conferences then you would know. To go from playing for a title to playing a no name in the Peach Bowl? Yea I'd say auBARN was on the top of their game alright... :lol: :lol:
If the teams are sooooo much better in those "big conferences," they should still be able to beat the lowly G5 teams regardless of what injuries they have or how motivated they are.

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am

It don't always work like that chief. Same went for Bama/Utah after we lost to Florida in the SEC title game too. 9.5 times out of 10 Bama wins that game hands down.

You let that same UCF team play a full SEC schedule and tell me they go 13-0. Winning a meaningless game is one thing, winning 13 in the SEC is another beast even when the conference is down.

Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:32 pm

They wouldn't. It sucks the way the system is set up but blame it, don't blame the team that plays a tough schedule with one loss getting in over an undefeated team with a not-so-tough schedule. UCF had the 72nd ranked schedule this year, and that was after adding in Auburn.

Confederate
Honorary Member

Post by Confederate » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:14 pm

dixiemafia wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 am
It don't always work like that chief. Same went for Bama/Utah after we lost to Florida in the SEC title game too. 9.5 times out of 10 Bama wins that game hands down.

You let that same UCF team play a full SEC schedule and tell me they go 13-0. Winning a meaningless game is one thing, winning 13 in the SEC is another beast even when the conference is down.
UCF would never make it in the SEC. They would quit half way through the season. LOL
The South Will Rise Again!

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Agreed. They'll be a 6-6 team in 2-3 years and they want Bama to play there? That's a joke!