MMA Thread

Discuss all sports in here.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Re: MMA Thread

Post by dixiemafia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:38 am

Yea that was a slick move to finish the fight. He needs a super fight but he won't take one because he's scared to lose...
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....

Pogo The Clown
Filthy Few

Post by Pogo The Clown » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Snakes wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:14 am
I think DJ has finally turned the corner as a draw. He'll never be on the level of a Conor, Rousey, or GSP (whose fights are even more boring) but who is?

He will never even reach mid level draw (Cormier, Bisping, Miocic, etc) status. His fight before this drew the lowest rating in the history of UFX on FOX. Even when they put him his title fights on free tv people don't watch. :mrgreen:

Pogo
"Nothing like a strangulation to get the circulation going." - Chucky

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 am

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:16 pm
He will never even reach mid level draw (Cormier, Bisping, Miocic, etc) status. His fight before this drew the lowest rating in the history of UFX on FOX. Even when they put him his title fights on free tv people don't watch. :mrgreen:

Pogo

Exactly
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....

Snakes
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Snakes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:43 am

The problem is that by the time he started to become recognizable he had already cleaned the division out. Wilson Reis isn't exactly what you would call a viable contender. It also doesn't help that the UFC does next to nothing as far as promoting this weight class.

Now that he has broken the record for defenses, it may be in his best interest afterall to move up to 135 and try to cement his place. If he doesn't draw then, I'll admit I'm wrong and that nobody cares about him, but he had a whole arena chanting his name by the second round Saturday night, so hopefully he has turned that corner.

Pogo The Clown
Filthy Few

Post by Pogo The Clown » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 am

Found this. I hope this punk gets his ass kicked. :mrgreen:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The grandson of mobster John Gotti is set to make his professional MMA debut at CES 46. Gotti fights on what would be his grandfather’s seventy-seventh birthday at the event, which takes place on October 27th in Lincoln, Rhode Island per MMAjunkie. Gotti faces Johnny Adams at the event.

“I chose my pro debut with CES because I know several of the fighters that have fought for them,” Gotti said in a statement released by CES. “They said they were good guys to work with and that they put on a great show. So it was a natural fit when I heard they were promoting a show on Oct. 27. The significance of the date is that it would have been my late grandfather’s 77th birthday, and I wanted to honor him on that day.”

Gotti said his interest in the sport comes from his father, John Gotti II’s, release from prison. “When my father first came home from prison, (MMA) was a means for us to bond,” Gotti said. “We would watch all the big fights together at home, as well as attending several cards in New Jersey. I think now, as I’ve chosen this as a profession, although my father is proud of me, I think he regrets fostering my interest. I don’t think he ever thought this would be the end result. What father wants to watch his son in this type of environment?”

Pogo The Clown
Filthy Few

Post by Pogo The Clown » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:23 pm

I guess midgets just don't draw money. :mrgreen:

Last Saturday’s UFC 216, which featured Tony Ferguson’s triangle choke of Kevin Lee, as well as Demetrious Johnson’s outrageous suplex-to-armbar finish of Ray Borg, had a live gate of about $678,000, which MMA Fighting’s Dave Meltzer said was “the lowest gate in more than a decade.” In terms of PPV buys, Meltzer wrote in his Wrestling Observer newsletter that, “very early indicators look up about 20 percent from last month, but that was a rock bottom 100,000 buy show.”

Meltzer had already written in his previous newsletter that UFC 215: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2 was estimated at 100,000 buys, so 216’s early projections have it at roughly 120,000. This would be the first time since 2005 that consecutive UFC pay-per-views have drawn less than 150,000 buys. UFC 213 also topped off at around 150,000, so three of the last four UFC PPVs have not even cleared 200,000.

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm

The midget ain't moving up. He's scared to death of losing because he sure enough won't be a draw then. He's just had too many boring fights to bring anybody back.

Pogo The Clown
Filthy Few

Post by Pogo The Clown » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Pretty decent UFC card tomorrow with Donald Cerrone in the main event. Too bad it is on Fight Pass.

Pogo