Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Discuss all TV series and Movies in here. OC and non-OC

Moderator: Capos

User avatar
Confederate
Honorary Member
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 am

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by Confederate » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 am

Camo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 am
There's a theory that it was Rocco. I think that makes more sense than Fredo, he also had the opportunity and as dumb as Fredo was i just can't think of any explanation that could of convinced anyone it was anything other than a hit. Such a weird request surely Fredo would have questioned it and what on earth can you say it's for? To watch Kay sleep? :lol:
Micheal specifically told Rocco he wanted the assassins kept alive but instead they were both killed outside Fredo's house. Rocco could have ordered his men to kill the assassins. But then why would Rocco go on a suicide mission at the end to kill Hymen Roth?
Godfather 1 had no unexplained things. Godfather 2 definitely has some unexplained things that don't add up. :lol:
The South Will Rise Again!

User avatar
Camo
Honorary Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:39 am

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by Camo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 am

Confederate wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 am
Camo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 am
There's a theory that it was Rocco. I think that makes more sense than Fredo, he also had the opportunity and as dumb as Fredo was i just can't think of any explanation that could of convinced anyone it was anything other than a hit. Such a weird request surely Fredo would have questioned it and what on earth can you say it's for? To watch Kay sleep? :lol:
Micheal specifically told Rocco he wanted the assassins kept alive but instead they were both killed outside Fredo's house. Rocco could have ordered his men to kill the assassins. But then why would Rocco go on a suicide mission at the end to kill Hymen Roth?
Godfather 1 had no unexplained things. Godfather 2 definitely has some unexplained things that don't add up. :lol:
If it was Rocco and Michael suspected it that would explain the suicide mission. As for why Rocco went on it who knows? His other options would be to flee, kill Michael or become an informant, none of those seem like good options. The last one seems like the most likely but then he saw what happened to Pentangelli and probably figured Michael could get to him and/or his family too. Maybe he genuinely regretted betraying Michael and he did it to make up for it. Both the Fredo and Rocco theories have problems i just think the latter makes more sense. If the Fredo "you guys lied to me" call wasn't included there could have been a slight possibility that he did intend to have Michael killed and all the "I'm Fredo: Family Dunce" stuff was just an act to save himself, but that's obviously out the window.

Agreed as much as i love Part II it's not as tight as the first.

User avatar
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:42 am

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by HairyKnuckles » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 am

In my opinion. the quality of the movie is not staying the same throughout. Some scenes are great, for example the confession scene, but others are really bad. Also the acting is not consistent throughout the movie. Sofia Coppola does a terrible job of playing Mary and Garcia is really not up there in performance. However, the plot in the movie is interesting and it could have been a very good one if the casting was right and the direction from Coppola was a little bit better.
The more I learn, the more I become aware of my ignorance

User avatar
aleksandrored
Honorary Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by aleksandrored » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

I see godfather III as a good movie, but it's only good if you watched the previous two so that we can see that in this movie Michael's real battle is internal, he's fighting against the regrets of the past and the life he "chose" so we can see that Michael Corleone, despite being surrounded by people and being the most powerful mafioso in the US, is in fact a well lonely person who carried a past full of remorse, the end of the film, although extremely sad, I think complements I want to say, because in the end Michael, despite all the power he had, lost all that he loved and died in solitude, closing his tragic history, so I think the movie is good, because it's something different and even more sentimental and internal, I think it closes perfectly the Godfather saga.

User avatar
Confederate
Honorary Member
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 am

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by Confederate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm

aleksandrored wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm
I see godfather III as a good movie, but it's only good if you watched the previous two so that we can see that in this movie Michael's real battle is internal, he's fighting against the regrets of the past and the life he "chose" so we can see that Michael Corleone, despite being surrounded by people and being the most powerful mafioso in the US, is in fact a well lonely person who carried a past full of remorse, the end of the film, although extremely sad, I think complements I want to say, because in the end Michael, despite all the power he had, lost all that he loved and died in solitude, closing his tragic history, so I think the movie is good, because it's something different and even more sentimental and internal, I think it closes perfectly the Godfather saga.
It closes perfectly if you are looking for a Greek tragedy ending. Otherwise, the movie is really poor OVERALL compared to Godfather I & II and frankly I never liked Greek Tragedies too much.
The South Will Rise Again!

User avatar
aleksandrored
Honorary Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by aleksandrored » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Confederate wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm
aleksandrored wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm
I see godfather III as a good movie, but it's only good if you watched the previous two so that we can see that in this movie Michael's real battle is internal, he's fighting against the regrets of the past and the life he "chose" so we can see that Michael Corleone, despite being surrounded by people and being the most powerful mafioso in the US, is in fact a well lonely person who carried a past full of remorse, the end of the film, although extremely sad, I think complements I want to say, because in the end Michael, despite all the power he had, lost all that he loved and died in solitude, closing his tragic history, so I think the movie is good, because it's something different and even more sentimental and internal, I think it closes perfectly the Godfather saga.
It closes perfectly if you are looking for a Greek tragedy ending. Otherwise, the movie is really poor OVERALL compared to Godfather I & II and frankly I never liked Greek Tragedies too much.
I agree that Part III is inferior to I and II, but which do you think would be the perfect ending to the saga?

User avatar
Confederate
Honorary Member
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 am

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by Confederate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 pm

aleksandrored wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm
Confederate wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm
aleksandrored wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm
I see godfather III as a good movie, but it's only good if you watched the previous two so that we can see that in this movie Michael's real battle is internal, he's fighting against the regrets of the past and the life he "chose" so we can see that Michael Corleone, despite being surrounded by people and being the most powerful mafioso in the US, is in fact a well lonely person who carried a past full of remorse, the end of the film, although extremely sad, I think complements I want to say, because in the end Michael, despite all the power he had, lost all that he loved and died in solitude, closing his tragic history, so I think the movie is good, because it's something different and even more sentimental and internal, I think it closes perfectly the Godfather saga.
It closes perfectly if you are looking for a Greek tragedy ending. Otherwise, the movie is really poor OVERALL compared to Godfather I & II and frankly I never liked Greek Tragedies too much.
I agree that Part III is inferior to I and II, but which do you think would be the perfect ending to the saga?
I wouldn't end it. Why end it?
The South Will Rise Again!

User avatar
aleksandrored
Honorary Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by aleksandrored » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:26 am

So you think the end of part II, which has the open end is the best for saga?

User avatar
FriendofHenry
Sergeant Of Arms
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:34 am

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by FriendofHenry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

aleksandrored wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:26 am
So you think the end of part II, which has the open end is the best for saga?
For my money any ending but part III would have been better. It's the only one that watching more than once is more than enough :(
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola

User avatar
dixiemafia
Full Patched
Posts: 1134
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Re: Do you hate Godfather Part III?

Post by dixiemafia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I agree, the ending really sucked. It just seems the whole movie was rushed.

I know it has to end at some point, but that was just terrible IMHO
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest