Boardwalk Empire

Discuss all TV series and Movies in here. OC and non-OC
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Post by rayray » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 am

They took a decent show and ruined it with the last season. And you're right, they took real characters and made them look foolish--I don't know what they were thinking?

Teflon john
Honorary Member

Post by Teflon john » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:55 am

I haven't watched any of the final season of Boardwalk Empire because i don't have HBO. I always wait until the entire season comes out on DVD and i buy it. I love the show but i haven't heard anything good about the final season from anyone. Does anybody have anything good to say about it at all? Should i buy it when it comes out to finish my collection or just quit with season 4? Just looking for a little feedback from anybody that watched it. I sure do miss the Soprano's,there will never be another show about the mafia as good as it was or even close. Thanks guys.

Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:24 pm

it was erratic and rushed, a really bad way to end a solid show. i'm not saying it's not worth a watch, but it left alot to be desired.

Teflon john
Honorary Member

Post by Teflon john » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks Five,i appreciate the reply,im sure i will buy it anyway since i have the other 4 seasons on DVD. Then again i got the first 5 seasons of the Sopranos on DVD and never bought the final season but that was mainly because they got greedy and made it 2 parts.

Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Five Felonies wrote:it was erratic and rushed, a really bad way to end a solid show. i'm not saying it's not worth a watch, but it left alot to be desired.
Agreed 100%.

Camo
Honorary Member

Post by Camo » Sat May 13, 2017 10:00 am

Is Season 2 the worst Season of this show? When this first aired i watched Season 1 and didn't like it that much so i stopped, recently i decided to give it another shot and i liked the First Season alot more, the second has been dire though; it's been a real slog to get through. Don't know maybe it's just me but i don't give a shit about any of it, i think Jimmy vs Nucky happened way too early, it's going nowhere. I only have a few episodes left in Season 2, does the show get better from Season 3 or what?

OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub » Mon May 22, 2017 9:16 am

Ive always liked Boardwalk Empire, Season Two is a little slow , but its one of my favorites because of the quick rise and even quicker fall from grace of Jimmy Darmody. And I loved some of the twists , like Purnell turning on Chalky, which anyone couldve saw coming, the death of Nuckys second bodyguard, Owen the Irishman, The introduction of Dr. Baptiste which I thought was one of the better characters of the show right along with Gyp Rosetti, and the half face dude, whose name escapes me right now. Which btw, I think the episode with him dying, is one of the better written episodes of the shows entirety. But while I liked the last season, I think that too was rushed, but it did tie some things together, like Nucky introducing an adolescent Jimmys mother to the grown ass Commadore. And Nuckys rise among other things.

@ Camo, I think Season 3 is the best of all, with Gyp Rosetti being introduced, the feud between Luciano and Masseria becoming more fleshed out and uhhh, Gyp Rosetti.

graph
Straightened out

Post by graph » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:37 am

one of the best serials for sure
arnold rothstein is very cool character, real jew