Trial of Dominico Scarfo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Trial of Dominico Scarfo

Post by OcSleeper »

The trial for Dominico Scarfo of the murders of Lorenzo Giordano & Rocco Sollecito has begun in Montreal.

Secret recordings kick off trial of man accused of two Mafia hits
- https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... mafia-hits
"The most compelling evidence comes from the accused himself"
- https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... i-meme.php

Thought we should make a new thread for this trial to keep all the information separated from the Mary Viau & Guy Dion trial so its easier to find.

Here's the link to the previous thread
viewtopic.php?p=126493#p126493
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Trial of Dominico Scarfo

Post by chin_gigante »

The prosecutor added that the accused [Scarfo] was also recorded telling the informant he is a member of the ‘Ndrangheta, a Mafia-type organization.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Another article today.
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/ ... a-montreal

Hopefully more info about the Scoppa's group is revealed in this one. Guess it would be safe to assume they're in the Ndrangheta if Scarfo was.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:52 pm Another article today.
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/ ... a-montreal

Hopefully more info about the Scoppa's group is revealed in this one. Guess it would be safe to assume they're in the Ndrangheta if Scarfo was.
From the translated notes on BHF, Andrea Scoppa makes it seem he was super close to Vito once the latter came back from prison. Wonder why a Cosa Nostra member would make an Ndrangheta member a close confidant?
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

So was Mirarchi involved in the ordering of these hits as well? Or just the Scoppa's?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Mirarchi was involved according to the informant.

Here's a few points of what the informant said in the previous trial about Mirarchi.
▪︎Mirarchi was willing to work with the Scoppas to kill people tied to the Sicilians and then had plans to kill Scoppas.
▪︎“Victor is the master back. It was planned that when Victor got out [of prison], depending on how things were going, we would then kill the Scoppa brothers to show that Victor was not in there."
▪︎When Victor Mirarchi was released from prison, "the Scoppa brothers would have been eliminated for Victor", explained the informant. It was ultimately the man nicknamed "Brad Pitt" at the trial who hired a guy to kill Sal, he says. 
PogueMahone
Straightened out

Post by PogueMahone »

Le mafieux Lorenzo Giordano a été tiré à bout portant

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... ortant.php
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Le tueur de Rocco Sollecito portait des vêtements et un casque de moto

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... e-moto.php
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Witness in murder trial describes Rocco Sollecito's final moments

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... al-moments
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

All these witnesses, the informant, the confession on tape, and seeing how Mary-Josée Viau was convicted because of what she said on tape, I wonder why Scarfo is even going to trial on this. It seems like a loss cause. If Scarfo is convicted as well I wonder if Massari will then try to get a plea deal or what. He'd have to know his chances of beating the case aren't good.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 am Mirarchi was involved according to the informant.

Here's a few points of what the informant said in the previous trial about Mirarchi.
▪︎Mirarchi was willing to work with the Scoppas to kill people tied to the Sicilians and then had plans to kill Scoppas.
▪︎“Victor is the master back. It was planned that when Victor got out [of prison], depending on how things were going, we would then kill the Scoppa brothers to show that Victor was not in there."
▪︎When Victor Mirarchi was released from prison, "the Scoppa brothers would have been eliminated for Victor", explained the informant. It was ultimately the man nicknamed "Brad Pitt" at the trial who hired a guy to kill Sal, he says. 
Antimafia has been skeptical about the involvement of Ndrangheta in the Montreal conflicts. Specifically, the alleged involvement of the Commissos. He says the families are friendly on social media.

In the Scoppa book, it says they got recognition from the mafia in, " Toronto and Italy". Now I originally thought, this must be the Siderno group, as Italy and Canada are interchangeable within the locale structure.

Now I'm thinking perhaps Miriarchi married into the Bonavonta clan.....

This excerpt here...

During Rinascita Scott trial, but also in other trials, the two dwelt on the dynamics of 'Ndrangheta within which the Bonavotas were involved. And, speaking of their ramifications outside Calabria, here is how they expressed themselves in front of the court of Lamezia Terme:

“[The Bonavota Clan] starts from Vincenzo Bonavota, protégé of Antonio Pelle, called ‘Gambazza’, who also had other friendships in Locride [area under the Polsi’s authority] and he was loved by all the men of 'Ndrangheta.

He did a double Locale, one in Sant’Onofrio and one in Toronto, Canada. After his death, the command passed to his sons and the Locale became triple: in addition to Sant'Onofrio and Toronto, a Locale of 'Ndrangheta was also recognized in Carmagnola [in the Turin area, Italy]. I left them active as Clan, active to 101%”.
(Andrea Mantella, Apr. 2021).

“I know that the Bonavotas have influence in Carmagnola, in the Turin area, where the boss who commands is their uncle Salvatore Arone. I know that the Bonavotas are present in Genoa, Rome and in a town near Toronto, Canada. I learned this in the 2000s from Fortunato Mantino, who told me that there was a Locale of 'Ndrangheta in Canada, where the Bonavotas had cousins”.

(Bartolomeo Arena, Jul. 2021).

These almost coincident testimonies would configure an articulation composed as follows:

➤ a mother-Locale in Sant’Onofrio;

➤ two dependent Locali: one in Carmagnola (in the Turin area) and one in, or near, Toronto.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:58 am
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:22 am Mirarchi was involved according to the informant.

Antimafia has been skeptical about the involvement of Ndrangheta in the Montreal conflicts. Specifically, the alleged involvement of the Commissos. He says the families are friendly on social media.

In the Scoppa book, it says they got recognition from the mafia in, " Toronto and Italy". Now I originally thought, this must be the Siderno group, as Italy and Canada are interchangeable within the locale structure.

Now I'm thinking perhaps Miriarchi married into the Bonavonta clan.....

This excerpt here...

During Rinascita Scott trial, but also in other trials, the two dwelt on the dynamics of 'Ndrangheta within which the Bonavotas were involved. And, speaking of their ramifications outside Calabria, here is how they expressed themselves in front of the court of Lamezia Terme:

“[The Bonavota Clan] starts from Vincenzo Bonavota, protégé of Antonio Pelle, called ‘Gambazza’, who also had other friendships in Locride [area under the Polsi’s authority] and he was loved by all the men of 'Ndrangheta.

He did a double Locale, one in Sant’Onofrio and one in Toronto, Canada. After his death, the command passed to his sons and the Locale became triple: in addition to Sant'Onofrio and Toronto, a Locale of 'Ndrangheta was also recognized in Carmagnola [in the Turin area, Italy]. I left them active as Clan, active to 101%”.
(Andrea Mantella, Apr. 2021).

“I know that the Bonavotas have influence in Carmagnola, in the Turin area, where the boss who commands is their uncle Salvatore Arone. I know that the Bonavotas are present in Genoa, Rome and in a town near Toronto, Canada. I learned this in the 2000s from Fortunato Mantino, who told me that there was a Locale of 'Ndrangheta in Canada, where the Bonavotas had cousins”.

(Bartolomeo Arena, Jul. 2021).

These almost coincident testimonies would configure an articulation composed as follows:

➤ a mother-Locale in Sant’Onofrio;

➤ two dependent Locali: one in Carmagnola (in the Turin area) and one in, or near, Toronto.
A little More context...

Indeed, following the Verduci’s murder (Apr. 24, 2014), we think that a split has arisen within the Crimine of Toronto. It would then be followed by the creation of a Crimine of Siderno (the existence of which, thanks to some interceptions by Italian police forces, is certain), reserved only and exclusively, as its very name suggests, for the Locali dependent on the mother-Locale of this town excluding all the others (see the second article of this series).

In any case, the links between Locali are the most varied, often and willingly outside the superordinate bodies, and obviously motivated generally by business reasons
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Meurtre du mafieux Rocco Sollecito: «Il était criblé de balles»

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2022/ ... -de-balles
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm
The prosecutor added that the accused [Scarfo] was also recorded telling the informant he is a member of the ‘Ndrangheta, a Mafia-type organization.
is there a 'locale' in Montreal?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

scagghiuni wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:31 am
chin_gigante wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:08 pm
is there a 'locale' in Montreal?
Great question...