Chicago Outfit Lineage Chart 1928-2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Outfit Lineage Chart 1928-2017

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:22 am I don't have anything anywhere saying that he shared it with anyone.
Do you think then that Tornabene came out of retirement maybe to only mediate the Zizzi-Sarno issue. Read that he was used as a mediator in the past. Or that he was basically a Capo over Marcello's Melrose Park. I don't know, but he came back from retirement after the indictments should be Zizzo not Zizzi
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

So unless someone provides some info regarding Tornabene being somewhere at the top during the late 2000's, I think that D'Amico would stay?!

And I also think that we can proceed with the underboss position
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Underboss is where I had the most comments. I'm still looking at info.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 am Underboss is where I had the most comments. I'm still looking at info.
Cool
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

In addition, I also want to ask if we should include this at the start or top of the chart (my vote goes for "yes" since later we might see other researchers who would start their charts with Sicilian Mafiosi previous of Capone, which obviously were not the real roots of the Outfit)

These are the so-called bosses or clans who were somehow responsible for the creation of the Capone Mob:

Giacomo Colosimo (boss of the whole South Side and Loop and also killed in 1920, but succeeded by Giovanni Torrio who in turn survived a horrible assassination attempt in 1926 and was succeeded by Al Capone)

Angelo Genna (boss of the so-called Genna clan, closely connected to the Capone gang and also representative for the Sicilian faction on the West Side and also killed in 1925 by his own Sicilian faction from the North Side)

Giuseppe Esposito (boss of the Western suburbs and killed in 1928 and two years earlier his faction was already connected to the Capone gang)

Dominic Roberto (in 1926 became the boss of the Chicago Heights faction and by 1928 joined the rising Capone Mob and in 1932 was jailed and three years later he was deported back to Italy)

In 1928, the Capone gang was brought in by the Masseria clan from New York as an extended arm of their illegal operations, and by 1930 Capone almost exterminated the so-called bad blood within the Sicilian Chicago crime family. In plane words, Al Capone became a captain of a crew of ten made guys for one of the New York clans, who were later probably followed by other newly made guys and also joined by some previously made Sicilian members

Here’s how the top hierarchy for the Capone Mob looked like from 1928 until 1931:

Top Boss: Giuseppe Masseria (crime family boss in New York who was killed in 1931 and later succeeded by Charles Luciano)

Capo Decina or Crew Boss: Al Capone (captain in the Chicago area for the Masseria crime family who controlled ten made guys)

Representative: Salvatore Lo Verde (representative for the rest of the national crime families and was succeeded by Paul Ricca in 1930 or 1931)

Second in Command: Frank Nitto (representative for the Chicago area)

And if anyone asks, I have whole "family trees" on who succeeded these previous bosses and how the organization was created
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Just out of curiosity is there any info out there about the names of the 10 made men
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

No, but Antilliar and Villain have both provided guesses.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

You know I've found this amusing about Chicago becoming part of the Masseria Family. It's so long ago, info would be hard to find. I wonder what the pulse of the Capone Group was in liking this decision. Seeing how diverse ethinicly the group was. The rumor about Capone basically being stabbed in the back. This could almost be seen as treason by some that he sold out basically to Masseria. Masseria I think seen a goldmine.,and also needed more backing. Capone in his opinion probably thought it was a good move to be part of LCN. Just some thoughts. I just don't see Chicago taking orders from NY.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Even though he was killed before Maranzano, this was in fact one quite smart political move made by Masseria by bringing Capone into the Mafia, thus eliminating every possible enemy in the Chicago area. I also believe that the whole thing with the Capone mob starting as a crew with a top boss back in New York, somehow influenced on their specific hierarchy. Also according to some previous infos, before he was made, Capone allegedly paid money to Masseria to operate in the Chicago area. Also dont forget that Capone also came from that same Brooklyn faction, same as many of his Chicago cohorts

In addition to Capone having his own ten made guys was obviously created because of the fact that almost every previous Sicilian made guy in the Chicago area was in war with Capone or joined his organization but still werent trusted enough. I also believe that the ten made guys were in fact the same people who after Masseria's and Maranzano's deaths and also Capone's imprisonment, became crew bosses for the newly formed Chicago Outfit, including Ralph Capone, Frank Maritote, Charles Fischetti, Louis Campagna, Phil D'Andrea, Frank Rio, Dominic Roberto or Jim Emery, Frank Nitto, Jack McGurn, and also possibly Tony Capezio or Tony Accardo. Other possibilities were also Rocco Fischetti, Rocco DeGrazia, James Mondi, Joe Fusco, Charlie Gioe or Sylvester Agoglia.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:22 pm Even though he was killed before Maranzano, this was in fact one quite smart political move made by Masseria by bringing Capone into the Mafia, thus eliminating every possible enemy in the Chicago area. I also believe that the whole thing with the Capone mob starting as a crew with a top boss back in New York, somehow influenced on their specific hierarchy. Also according to some previous infos, before he was made, Capone allegedly paid money to Masseria to operate in the Chicago area. Also dont forget that Capone also came from that same Brooklyn faction, same as many of his Chicago cohorts

In addition to Capone having his own ten made guys was obviously created because of the fact that almost every previous Sicilian made guy in the Chicago area was in war with Capone or joined his organization but still werent trusted enough. I also believe that the ten made guys were in fact the same people who after Masseria's and Maranzano's deaths and also Capone's imprisonment, became crew bosses for the newly formed Chicago Outfit, including Ralph Capone, Frank Maritote, Charles Fischetti, Louis Campagna, Phil D'Andrea, Frank Rio, Dominic Roberto or Jim Emery, Frank Nitto, Jack McGurn, and also possibly Tony Capezio or Tony Accardo. Other possibilities were also Rocco Fischetti, Rocco DeGrazia, James Mondi, Joe Fusco, Charlie Gioe or Sylvester Agoglia.
No Paul Ricca?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 am
Villain wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:22 pm Even though he was killed before Maranzano, this was in fact one quite smart political move made by Masseria by bringing Capone into the Mafia, thus eliminating every possible enemy in the Chicago area. I also believe that the whole thing with the Capone mob starting as a crew with a top boss back in New York, somehow influenced on their specific hierarchy. Also according to some previous infos, before he was made, Capone allegedly paid money to Masseria to operate in the Chicago area. Also dont forget that Capone also came from that same Brooklyn faction, same as many of his Chicago cohorts

No Paul Ricca?
Well I left him out on purpose since to me, Ricca is the most mysterious member, including Tony Volpe. You see, before Ricca arrived in the states, he already did two murders back home and his father was possibly a Camorrista. When he arrived in Chicago, I believe that he was brought by Volpe into the Diamond Joe Esposito group and was possibly made there. In fact, Ricca and Volpe were among the first ones from the West Side who joined Al Capone after the assassination attempt on Johnny Torrio in 1926, meaning theres a great possibility that they were already made but the problem was Capone was already way too powerful. That same year Capone was Ricca's best man at his wedding, which is a good proof for their newly formed and strong alliance. Although dont forget that this is just a theory, meaning Ricca could've been made by Capone himself, I dont know...
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes I understand, a theory. Your right they could of already been made by Esposito. If Ricca was a Camorra member in Italy would he have to be remade in American LCN. I knew you had a reason in leaving Ricca out of the 10 made members, because of your articles.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I forgot I wanted to ask if it is known about Torrios involvement in the Masseria making of Capone and Torrios relationship with Masseria if any.
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

So Diamond Joe Esposito was a boss of a Sicilian mafia family with the authority to induct men, even though he was a Neapolitan?
I wouldn't have expected that in the 1920's..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I didnt say he was but instead i speculated about it since he was also a non-Sicilian who maybe had the same authority as Capone possessed later, for which we dont have any kind of evidence...for now, according to Gentile, all we know is that Capone was allegedly made the same year the previous non-Sicilian made guy was killed, meaning Esposito, or maybe the next year
Last edited by Villain on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.