Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:22 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:09 pm With today's indictments, the Cammarano as Acting Boss and Official Underboss could be over. Will be interesting what leadership will look like if he is denied bail. I guess right this minute Rabitto would be the head man on the street. But another interesting thing came out that two of the indicted we're identified as Consigliere. Maybe Rabitto is retired? Or it could be false info about the positions of these two. It isn't too far fetched that Cammarano would have had a new Consigliere, or two.
I predict that the Grimaldis will have the final say, if they don’t take leadership themselves.
+1

They have to be the power on the streets now one would assume
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

So who would be the underboss, acting or not?
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

What is Tommy Difiores position within the family? Would he not be a candidate for underboss?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

don-shunter wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:50 am What is Tommy Difiores position within the family? Would he not be a candidate for underboss?
I think Tommy was reluctant to take the acting boss position back in 2012, which is why he formed the panel. He was miserable after he was indicted in 2014, which was more or less through no fault of his own. Tommy is still on supervised release I think but I’ll have to double check.
I think Vinny Badalamenti would be a more viable choice. His supervised release ended in 2016 and, after recovering from his heart attack, was back at his social club ASAP.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Yeah Vinny TV has been quiet since he was last mentioned as acting consigliere way back. Is Tony Furino still with his crew or does he have his own? He was also mentioned as a potential power in the family
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

don-shunter wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:19 am Yeah Vinny TV has been quiet since he was last mentioned as acting consigliere way back. Is Tony Furino still with his crew or does he have his own? He was also mentioned as a potential power in the family
Vinny TV was acting boss after being acting consigliere. I don’t think Furino has his own crew but it’s been quiet on the Brooklyn front for a while.

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Frank wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:09 pm With today's indictments, the Cammarano as Acting Boss and Official Underboss could be over. Will be interesting what leadership will look like if he is denied bail. I guess right this minute Rabitto would be the head man on the street. But another interesting thing came out that two of the indicted we're identified as Consigliere. Maybe Rabitto is retired? Or it could be false info about the positions of these two. It isn't too far fetched that Cammarano would have had a new Consigliere, or two.
I predict that the Grimaldis will have the final say, if they don’t take leadership themselves.
Doesn't Mancuso get out next year? It's going to be interesting to see what happens. It seems the Grimaldis could take over like you say either by taking leadership themselves or appointing their guys. From what someone once posted the Grimaldis don't want war and seem to want to just have one of there men in top leadership.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Frank wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 am
Doesn't Mancuso get out next year? It's going to be interesting to see what happens. It seems the Grimaldis could take over like you say either by taking leadership themselves or appointing their guys. From what someone once posted the Grimaldis don't want war and seem to want to just have one of there men in top leadership.
In my opinion the Grimaldis are too careful to want a war. Very behind-the-scenes type of guys, especially Vito. Apparently Badalamenti had some kind of Sicilian backing so he might be close to Vito.

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I thought that Baldalamenti was a Mancuso loyalist. I'm sure there are alot of them that could be kind of stuck in the middle. I think that when Cammarano become Official Underboss that the problem might have been solved. That indicated that him being Underboss meant that they didn't push Mancuso out. Probably a compromise.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 pm
+1

They have to be the power on the streets now one would assume
i dont believeRabito was ever officially named the consiglere.

this could be good for Mancuso... as well as others such as Badalmenti. it would almost seem that DiFiore and Badalmenti might have to run things for time being.

Unless Grimaldi steps up. which would be interesting 2 fams being ran by zip influences
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:20 am i dont believeRabito was ever officially named the consiglere.
Yes, he was named consigliere by the Probation Department, which gets their information directly from the feds. Capeci and the media backed up those claims. This was during the Cammarano meetups.

Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

The problem is that probation report got a lot wrong in hindsight. They listed a bunch of guys as capos like Giallanzo and others, and it turns out that wasn't the case.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Chucky wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm The problem is that probation report got a lot wrong in hindsight. They listed a bunch of guys as capos like Giallanzo and others, and it turns out that wasn't the case.
Yeah, they listed an enormous amount of capos and acting capos for a family with only 100-120 members. But it does seem like Rabito was the consigliere at that time not only based on what the feds called him, but also because his attendence in meetings from both factions.

Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm
Chucky wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm The problem is that probation report got a lot wrong in hindsight. They listed a bunch of guys as capos like Giallanzo and others, and it turns out that wasn't the case.
Yeah, they listed an enormous amount of capos and acting capos for a family with only 100-120 members. But it does seem like Rabito was the consigliere at that time not only based on what the feds called him, but also because his attendence in meetings from both factions.
I think JD and Pogo determined that 100-120 was a low estimate based off this list from 2005, check out this thread - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2247
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah I have 130-132 members on my list not counting the reamining Montreal members. Just recently they lost 3 members (Gerry Chilli, Peter Lovaglio and Vincenzo Morena). So about 150 members for the Bonannos would be more accurate

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.