Salvatore "Toto" Riina dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

cavita
Full Patched

Salvatore "Toto" Riina dead

Post by cavita »

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Salvatore "Toto" Riina dead

Post by Lupara »

I wonder how safe his sons will be now. I'm sure there are people there with mortal hatred towards the Riinas and desperate for revenge.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

If anyone deserves Hell, it is him.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Salvatore

Post by felice »

Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 am I wonder how safe his sons will be now. I'm sure there are people there with mortal hatred towards the Riinas and desperate for revenge.
One is in jail for live. The other one is living in north Italy and he has been forced to be out from the life by his mother lol
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Paraphrasing Vachel Lindsay who wrote this poem after the death of Leopold II of Belgium, I have allowed him to dedicate it to Riina.

"Listen to the yell of Riina's ghost / Burning in Hell for his hand-maimed host / Hear how the demons chuckle and yell / Cutting his hands off, down in Hell".
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

With the death of Riina seems to be the end of the Corleonesi clan, it seems that Cosa Nostra is entering the new era.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

aleksandrored wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 pm With the death of Riina seems to be the end of the Corleonesi clan, it seems that Cosa Nostra is entering the new era.
The Corleone clan still exists and they had a bust back in 2015. They just don't have the power they once did.
All roads lead to New York.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I know that from our point of view this guy obviously deserves hell, but in the eyes of some of the greatest and most bloodthirsty criminal minds, Riina will always be remembered as their best example on how things should really work in the world of the Mafia, meaning no reasoning, no nothing, a one way street just like the Beast himself. Falcone and the rest of the guys will be remembered for some time, as for Riina, he will be engraved in the sands of time for his horrific activities...sad but thats how life goes
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Salvatore "Toto" Riina dead

Post by Lupara »

Villain wrote:I know that from our point of view this guy obviously deserves hell, but in the eyes of some of the greatest and most bloodthirsty criminal minds, Riina will always be remembered as their best example on how things should really work in the world of the Mafia, meaning no reasoning, no nothing, a one way street just like the Beast himself. Falcone and the rest of the guys will be remembered for some time, as for Riina, he will be engraved in the sands of time for his horrific activities...sad but thats how life goes
The brutal violence he unleashed was extremely effective in gaining the ultimate power. He killed everyone and their brother who dared to oppose him and the ones left alive feared him forever. The only thing left for him to worry about were the Italian authorities, who also feared him. There were no more rivals to stab him in the back. No more need for diplomacy or deals either, his word was final. He really was the king.

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Salvatore

Post by Villain »

Lupara wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:24 pm
Villain wrote:I know that from our point of view this guy obviously deserves hell, but in the eyes of some of the greatest and most bloodthirsty criminal minds, Riina will always be remembered as their best example on how things should really work in the world of the Mafia, meaning no reasoning, no nothing, a one way street just like the Beast himself. Falcone and the rest of the guys will be remembered for some time, as for Riina, he will be engraved in the sands of time for his horrific activities...sad but thats how life goes
The brutal violence he unleashed was extremely effective in gaining the ultimate power. He killed everyone and their brother who dared to oppose him and the ones left alive feared him forever. The only thing left for him to worry about were the Italian authorities, who also feared him. There were no more rivals to stab him in the back. No more need for diplomacy or deals either, his word was final. He really was the king.
Nicely said and as I always say, you're either the bad guy or the good guy, you cant be both. Mob history has taught us that many high profile Mafia members tried to establish some respectful relations with the opposite side or the law, or at least tried to maintain the balance between the two worlds, but Riina was one-sided only and tried to completely destroy and also takeover the opposite side which is quite natural in the way of how one real deadly virus or poison works...no reasoning, no nothing...only death...thank God for making him the only one during that time, because if there were at least a dozen like him in the U.S. during the 1980s for example, they would've ruled the whole world by now lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 am
aleksandrored wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:07 pm With the death of Riina seems to be the end of the Corleonesi clan, it seems that Cosa Nostra is entering the new era.
The Corleone clan still exists and they had a bust back in 2015. They just don't have the power they once did.
o.O did not know that they still exist, is that after the death of Provenzano I never heard of the Corleone clan, thanks for the information.