Gangland news 21st sept 2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Gangland news 21st sept 2017

Post by gohnjotti »

Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm I'm more skeptical of Gene becoming a captain and running a crew after 29 years in prison. The Feds will be watching him because of his last name alone just like they did with John Gotti's grandson. He'd be better off laying back and just making money where he can (assuming he jumps back in).

At the end of the day he has all the rights and privileges of a respected made man but how is he going to be a captain after 30 years in jail?
He might have a lot of respect on the streets but I can't imagine anyone stepping down so he can become a capo. Besides, I doubt the Zips who are running the family want to give up rackets simply out of respect. Just my opinion.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

gohnjotti wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 pm
Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm I'm more skeptical of Gene becoming a captain and running a crew after 29 years in prison. The Feds will be watching him because of his last name alone just like they did with John Gotti's grandson. He'd be better off laying back and just making money where he can (assuming he jumps back in).

At the end of the day he has all the rights and privileges of a respected made man but how is he going to be a captain after 30 years in jail?
He might have a lot of respect on the streets but I can't imagine anyone stepping down so he can become a capo. Besides, I doubt the Zips who are running the family want to give up rackets simply out of respect. Just my opinion.
Totally agree , the gotti reign is well and truly over
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Hailbritain wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:06 am

1. The Feds watching Gene will have zero bearing on whether he's awarded his stripes or not.
2. Stepping down isn't a choice. If Gene gets his stripes and takes over a crew or is allocated guys or is given the title in name only it's an order which you can TRUST, will be followed.
3. Why would the zips give up rackets? What has that got to do with Gene replacing or becoming a captain? If Gene replaces an existing Capo then he'll simply kick up the exact same kick as the Capo before him. The zips 'giving up rackets' is a non sensical statement.
4. Giving Gene stripes is by zero means bringing back the Gotti 'reign'. The guy is heavily respected, did 30yrs. He most likely WILL be offered stripes for this. Whether he takes them or not is another question.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

I agree with Sonny on the above post. Also, I'm more of a Philly guy with all this but definitely keep tabs on Nyc. Where does Jackie Nose play into this? I mean it's clear the Zips are in charge now but Jackie was a former Acting Boss and he's back out on the street now. Wasn't he a big John Gotti loyalist? Wouldn't he actually defer to Gene if no one else didn't, which I don't think would happen as I mentioned Sonny's statement above is on point in my opinion. But where does Jackie Nose stand now, etc?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:54 am
Hailbritain wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:06 am

1. The Feds watching Gene will have zero bearing on whether he's awarded his stripes or not.
2. Stepping down isn't a choice. If Gene gets his stripes and takes over a crew or is allocated guys or is given the title in name only it's an order which you can TRUST, will be followed.
3. Why would the zips give up rackets? What has that got to do with Gene replacing or becoming a captain? If Gene replaces an existing Capo then he'll simply kick up the exact same kick as the Capo before him. The zips 'giving up rackets' is a non sensical statement.
4. Giving Gene stripes is by zero means bringing back the Gotti 'reign'. The guy is heavily respected, did 30yrs. He most likely WILL be offered stripes for this. Whether he takes them or not is another question.
I just mean that someone would have to step down/demoted or a crew would have to be split up in order for Gene to become a capo again. If someone dies or goes to prison or retires later on then yes, it could happen. I'm not saying that he's not going to have respect out on the streets when he gets out, of course he will, but I don't know if the admin is going to jump to make him captain ASAP. He'll have to acquaint himself with all the younger guys and start making the family money again before that. That's just my two cents, who knows what really goes on in the inner workings of the family.

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:58 amI just mean that someone would have to step down/demoted or a crew would have to be split up in order for Gene to become a capo again. If someone dies or goes to prison or retires later on then yes, it could happen.
Not at all.
Gene could be given his stripes without anyone being knocked down or demoted. And Capos are knocked down all the time for ALOT less reasons than someone coming home after doing a 30 bid by the way.

But he could easily be given his stripes without having to take over an existing crew or have one split.
He may then be allocated members from other crews, left to build his own or have the title in name.

So your contention that he would 'have to wait for an opening' or a crew would have to be split, is incorrect. All due respect. I think you're operating under the false assumption that each families crew numbers or structure are somewhat set in stone. They're not.
He could be made Capo without the existing family crew structure and leadership changing whatsoever.

The message the admin would send to the rest of the family, that you get jack shit for doing 30years, would be a risk and send a message, in my opinion, that the family would not want to take/send.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Nice post, Sonny. That last paragraph pretty much nails the significance of Gene's release from prison.

Thanks for the article, HB. Good one this week.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

But these guys don't think along those lines. The majority of the guy's on the street don't gve a shit about Gene Gotti or that he did 30 years. They have long since moved on without him if they even knew him to begin with. Unless he still has that loanshark book that he had in the early 2000s he will probably be broke when he comes home and no one will give a shit.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 am But these guys don't think along those lines. The majority of the guy's on the street don't gve a shit about Gene Gotti or that he did 30 years. They have long since moved on without him if they even knew him to begin with. Unless he still has that loanshark book that he had in the early 2000s he will probably be broke when he comes home and no one will give a shit.
Completely disagree.
He's a made guy.
Who, on orders, rejected a plea and did 30 years for the family. NINETEEN more than he had too.
To think that that would be worth nothing, or ignored is, in my opinion completely wrong.
How Gene is treated when he gets out shows how every made guy would be treated after doing a 30 bid, and EVERYONE will be watching.
The family knows this and knows Gene is owed.
It would be a huge mistake for them to wash their hands of Gene. And I would assume they're smart enough to know this.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

They don't care about any of that. They don't take care of you because you are away. It is out of sight out of mind with them. Unless your are a Boss or really high up or have close (and loyal) relatives earning on the street you come home to nothing after being away. Especially 30 years with a whole new generation in charge that never even knew him. Look at Junior Gotti. He was only away a few years and his own uncles stole all his businesses from him. Ad he was a former Acting Boss only a doing a few years. Whatever Gene gets it will be because he had to go back on the street and earn it. They are not going to give him shit as a reward for doing time.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Like i said before and I totally agree with pogo . The gotti's are finished , the gambinos are prospering and are stable, gotti won't be able to have a piss without the Feds all over him , the Sicilians won't want that , Ernie abbamonte gas just done a shit load of time is he a capo ?? No . Just coz his name is gotti doesn't mean he is administratin automatically , it doesn't mean shit
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Hailbritain wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:08 pmJust coz his name is gotti doesn't mean he is administratin automatically , it doesn't mean shit
I don't know who you think talking too because a) NOBODY is talking administration and b) NOBODY is arguing the Gotti reign is over or he is using or will get shit because of his NAME.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo: agree to disagree.

However it plays out it will be interesting though.
HOPE Capeci pays him due heed.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Also Sonny, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you're getting at. Are there other examples in recent years of people being upped as capos without having any guys under them, and being left to build their own crew? No disrespect, honest question.

moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

I came across this article which was written during Peter Gotti's trial, John hated Gene, at least in the mid 90's. While Peter was visiting John in prison, John said this about Gene, “I’m not in the same joint he’s in, little fucking weasel, cock sucking mother-fucking punk.”

http://nypost.com/2004/12/15/gottis-ran ... jail-tape/

Does anybody know the reason for the animosity? I've read Gene considered John a reckless gambler, but I was curious if anyone had any further details regarding this.