5 Family Crew Succession

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: 5 Family Crew Succession

Post by Antiliar »

Giovanni Zarcone was another high-ranking Brooklyn guy. He moved to CT where he was killed in 1909.

http://cagedwolves.blogspot.com/2008/02 ... rcone.html
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

does anybody have some more detail on wich soliders transfered from the Corrao crew and where?(To the Faila crew, and to Aurello crew) What year? Like Marinelli, Chianello and Marciano transfering to paul castellano in 1970.
Matter of fact why did they stay with Gennaro after the split? They were Brooklyn guys.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Also were Carmine Lombardozzis parents from Agrigento , being that he was with that regime, or was his backround from elsewhere?
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

-In 1967 James "Jimmy Brown" Failla was promoted to Capo over half of this Crew.
-Vincent "Jimmy the Blond" Corrao (1967-1968) Became Official Capo.
Vincent "Jimmy the Blond" Corrao (1968-1970) Demoted.
-In 1970 half of this Crew was placed with the Paul Castellano Crew.
-In 1976 some members of this Crew were placed with the Failla Crew.
Joseph "Joe Butch" Corrao (1976-2001) Died.

I was thinking of this bit of info.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Carmine Lombardozzi's father Camillo came from Isernia in Molise. He wasn't Sicilian.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm Carmine Lombardozzi's father Camillo came from Isernia in Molise. He wasn't Sicilian.
Thanks, I didnt know that. Do you have Carmines or Camillos early adresses in Brooklyn?
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

How did he get with that Agrigento regime?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

A. I can look them up.

B. No idea.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:24 pm A. I can look them up.

B. No idea.
Thank you very much, that would be great.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Antiliar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:23 pm Just recalled another early caporegime: Vincenzo Lo Cicero. He was born in 1865 and died in 1923, and lived around 78th-80th Street in Manhattan. He was born in Agrigento and may have headed the same crew that Parlapiano ran (but it's also possible that there were two Agrigento-based crews in the same area at the same time, so this is speculation). In 1908 he was described as a banker (later an importer).
I'm sure you know it already, but Gentile said there were two Agrigento crews and Mangano designated him as mediator.

I've never heard of this arrangement before, but it indicates that Mangano and his administration were willing to let the Agrigento faction have some autonomy. I mean, letting a soldier mediate issues between two captains is about as hands-off as you can get. Nobody from Agrigento ever made it to the administration for the Gambinos, did they?

Great information, Rick, thanks for sharing everything.
Last edited by B. on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Yes, I was going over some of his material again and forgot about Tropia. Looks like the Tropia (or Trupia) crew was centered around East 39th Street and Parlapiano was up around 78-80th Streets. There were two different Agrigento communities (or colonies as they used to call them), so it made sense to have capos for each one. Tropia was born in 1885, so the same age as Gentile. Interestingly, the man who killed Fortunato Lo Monte came from the 78-80th Streets area, but years earlier in 1915. Would be nice if we could figure out the succession and membership of both of the crews.

No, not aware of anyone from Agrigento making it past capodecina.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:11 pm Yes, I was going over some of his material again and forgot about Tropia. Looks like the Tropia (or Tropea) crew was centered around East 39th Street and Parlapiano was up around 78-80th Streets. There were two different Agrigento communities (or colonies as they used to call them), so it made sense to have capos for each one. Tropia was born in 1885, so the same age as Gentile. Interestingly, the man who killed Fortunato Lo Monte came from the 78-80th Streets area, but years earlier in 1915. Would be nice if we could figure out the succession and membership of both of the crews.

No, not aware of anyone from Agrigento making it past capodecina.
Hey Antiliar, any news about the Lombardozzi's?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Haven't gotten around to it yet.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 pm Haven't gotten around to it yet.
Okay, thank you.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 pm
Gentile wrote:The Capo Vincenzo Mangano had nominated me to be his Sostituto with the authority to settle any differences there might be among the components of the two Decine, that operated in New York, since his residence was in Brooklyn. In fact, one Decina was ran by Joe Pidduzzu while the other by Geatano Tropia., a native of Agrigento, a resident on 39th Street on the East Side. Practically all the components of the two Decine were from the province of Agrigento, so Mangano considered them my paesani.
I've never heard of this arrangement before, but it indicates that Mangano and his administration were willing to let the Agrigento faction have some autonomy. I mean, letting a soldier mediate issues between two captains is about as hands-off as you can get. Nobody from Agrigento ever made it to the administration for the Gambinos, did they?

Great information, Rick, thanks for sharing everything.
The Arcuris were from Alessandra della Rocca, a town located in the northern part of the province of Agrigento. Unless Domenico Arcuri was a captain early on, it´s possible he took over frpm Trupia. I have Trupia as deceased in 1941. We pretty much know the succession line for Parlapiano´s crew:

- Parlapiano (died in 1947)
- Antonino Indelicato (demoted/stepped down early/mid 1950s)
- Joseph Franco (died in 1957)
- Carmine Lombardozzi
etc

But then Peter Stincone too was from the Agrigento province. And he too was identified as a captain.
There you have it, never printed before.